"Newest Mice Poll" sequel. Now about mousepads.

What mousepad do u use.

• Total voters

Justen

n00b
Let`s talk about your mousepads.
What and why?

My setup is Steelpad 4S + Logitech MX510. Nice pair, I like them.

My cloth pad that I've been using for 5 years and was torn up something fierce finally got to the point where it needed to be laid to rest. I'm thinking about getting a Func pad, but in the mean time, I have a Fellows gel pad with a textured plastic surface. I hate it.

func 1030. 'nuff said.

I used to have a cloth pad. Major accuracy problems when it got worn out (which it did quickly). It was a free "University" mouse pad, lol.

Then I got a RatPad GS. That thing ripped up my mouse feet like none other. Even the rough side of the func isn't that bad. And while I never worn my out, my friends already went through 5 altogether (one went through 3 in less than one college semester, the other is ordering a new one after 5 months). This isn't saying the mouse pad itself is bad...just that it seems to get smooth pretty fast.

Anyway, switched to the func 1030. I don't think I'll be using another for quite some time.

I just go to wallmart and pick up the cheapest one that has a grip foam on the bottom and isn't plastic on the top ( i like the cloth feel) the only ones i've ever purchased (2 in a span of 6 years) are the allsop ones from wally world that have the water droplets pic on them, they work fine i guess, its not a big thing when i make a computer to go for a high end (i guess u can call a mouse pad high end) pad, i don't see a reason to spend over 4 dollars when buying a mousepad.

Original ratpad on one computer. It's getting a bit worn and warped, but still ok.
A few sheets of paper on the other computer. Works just fine for the use it sees.

I know its blasphemy here, but I bought my E***glide like 5 years ago and haven't needed anything else. Just clean it with a little pledge and its good to go.

Func 1030 owns.

I bought two Ratpadz GS in the last year and both wore out within a few months. I figured I could deal with it, but after trying the surface of my desk for awhile I realized the worn ratpad was much much worse. Got a 1030 and been loving it. Unlike the RatPadz it's not susceptible at all to wear in the center. Without the textured surface, it also doesn't collect dust and dirt like the GS did which I needed to clean weekly.

table... sure the mouse flips out noce and a while cause the surface is slightly reflective.... but i dont care

My Ratpadz is worn slightly near the lower center but it's not enough to affect my mouse movement. Has anybody ever tried Armor All on these plastic mousepads to slick them up?

I've got an old 3M mouse pad with gel handrest that I'll never give up. It's comfy. :D

I use the "Fatpad" equivalent from Staples. It's huge, and suits my low mouse sensitivity very well. I had a Everglide Giganta for a long time, it was nice, but it got worn out (yes, it's plastic;) ) and i needed to replace the "mouse skates" as they're called every month or so (i liked that smooth feel they gave). On top of that, it needed to be cleaned with windex quite often to keep it smooth. Just to much maintainence for a mouse pad.....lol This one just needs a lint roller once a week, or whenever the dogs come in and shed all over the place.

1 month old Ratpad w/ teflon tape.

mmm thats smooth ;)

(this is the first real mousing surface I have had, always used the desk or generic mousepad before this, didn't know what I was missing :p)

DUDES you can't say ever*****. haven't you read the rules. In [H]'s opinion they suck, lol.
eh, oh well that was years ago. I guess its okay to say it now.

What about those "boobs" R-rated mouse pad, can you get those in USA or does it has to be Japan?

Tried a RatpadzGS with my Boomslang using the XTract Mad Dotz. It certainly stayed put on my desk, but...

1) Didn't like the textured surface. Using a ball mouse, so it was completely redundant anyway!

2) It really did get a spot worn out! I read it for months "Ratpadz wear out" or "Ratpadz would be good if they didn't wear out" and I thought it was all BS - people just knocking the Ratpadz...until I noticed a spot of smoothness forming in the surface. No performance penalty for it, ball mouse and all, still, it was irritating to see.

Anyway, using an Icemat now with its Padsurfers. Surface is frosted glass, so it has exactly the lack of texture I am looking for. Further...it's GLASS. Let's just SEE that wear out!

Currently a cloth University O phoenix mouse pad, soon to come a ratpad

Ratpad, fUnk -- all suxx. :p

What do you think about these ones, bros?

gelmousepad.jpg

:D :D :D

I've had an original ratpad which I liked, then got a GS thats getting a worn spot on it, so I bought a func 1030 which is on its way.

alex.ander said:
Ratpad, fUnk -- all suxx. :p

What do you think about these ones, bros?

gelmousepad.jpg

:D :D :D

The ones I have seen is by the same series, except they are topless with nipples sticking out. I just don't know where to buy them.

i have thrown away my gel crap now using my wd40'd desktop :D , ratpadz gs was just ordered today so im hoping it comes this week.

used a original ratpad for a while, didnt like it so i gave it away, been using my func 1030 for over 2 years now and its good as new. the low profile is nice and the cord clip is the sweetest idea.

Optical Microsoft IntelliMouse on my crappy college desk with fake wood grain design!

I need the room so I can "spin" around in FPS games.

Back