Newer Catalyst 10.1 beta is up

Catalyst Maker also is hyping up Catalyst 10.2 and 10.3 as being really amazing...I think I'll skip 10.1 and wait for next month's release

I think these drivers better fix the damn gray stripe crashing.

My 5870 comes in this week, mayhaps I'll just wait for official 10.1 drivers.

How early do they work on drivers? I can see 10.2 already in the works, but 10.3 already? I'm not very knowledgeable about the driver release process, but maybe they actually practice some actual software engineering (pipelining Design, Development, Testing and QA)?

Typically ATI releases a new driver every month. The 9.12, 10.1, 10.2 examples are actually based upon the date they're released. Sometimes betas or hotfixes will also come out, too.

In the case of the drivers being worked on for long periods of time in advance - there appear to be lots of little issues with the 5x cards, plus they have to support older cards, too. While Nvidia will crank out a new beta that fixes a single issue, ATI tends to lump fixes and optimizations together for an official release.

any idea if it fixes the eyefinity dp-dvi adapter issues? My other monitor is still losing connection with the 9.12 hotfix drivers and the video card reflash.

any word on official release?

Before the end of the month.

Curiously, the Guru3D forum makes mention of the official upcoming release containing a slightly older 8.69 build of the drivers while these betas are 8.70 based builds. This is probably due to the certification testing that needs to be done which takes more time.

any idea if it fixes the eyefinity dp-dvi adapter issues? My other monitor is still losing connection with the 9.12 hotfix drivers and the video card reflash.

Not sure. I flashed my BIOS a month ago and that pretty much solved all displayport related issues for me.

Anyone noticing performance boosts?

So far so good. I did did an uninstall and drive sweeper before I installed these RC2 drivers. I noticed alittle bit smoother in TF2. But that's the only game I have been testing today. Hopefully these drivers run great with Mass Effect 2 on Tuesday.

So far so good. I did did an uninstall and drive sweeper before I installed these RC2 drivers. I noticed alittle bit smoother in TF2. But that's the only game I have been testing today. Hopefully these drivers run great with Mass Effect 2 on Tuesday.

what? You have a 5970...was it not as smooth before?

what? You have a 5970...was it not as smooth before?

It was good I am not denying that. It's just when there I am playing goldmine on a full server and all hell is breaking loose it did get jumpy. But that can also contribute to the server also. When I went back today with the new drivers it seemed alittle smoother, but it can also be the placebo effect. I was trying to look for faults from the previous drivers to the current RC2 release. That's the best I can come with, with the short time I had been testing them.

Back