johnzm

Limp Gawd
i had a new one and it was doing horribly

out of 3 i have this one is the worst
alpha+tornado 80mm
1.85 volts
11x200
itll crash out of prime after about 10 min

it seems to run alot hotter than my older ones.
i got one that does 2.2 at 1.65

and one that will run [email protected] volt stable

anyone have the same experiences?
i was really disapointed at how this chip oc'd and now i feel real lucky to have 2 nice ones to play with

:cool:

I was able to run mine at 2200mhz stable just by putting a GIGANTIC(read: probably north of 80db) fan on the stock AMD heatsink, and mine's multiplier locked. My ram didn't like being pushed that hard though, and the timings had to be set to ass-tastic levels, so my system didn't actually get much faster lol

not sure, with my TCB3 (2700 @ 3200) samsung, prime would crap out at 215~ mhz fsb after about 6+ hours, but after i swithced to my TCC0 (3200) samsung it ran fine... BH-5 lovin' soon i'm hoping, and we'll see what she can really do :D

i fogot to mention i was using
mushkin level2 1 gig (bh-5) i dont understand but ah well i was just wondering if anyone else had hte same problems with the newer chips..

yea i am having the same problem .. even though i have a nfs-7 and 1gb of xms 3200 i cant even get my pc to run prime at 185x11 with my computer crashing.. running at 1.7vcore not sure if i should go much higher with my thermaltake silent boost hsf..

i have read people with the exact same (EXACT) gettin 200x11 with no problem at stock voltages .. i cant even get 185x11 at 1.7

got my barton 2500 4 days ago

What week 2500+ are you talking about? My week 44 doesn't seem to want to do 200x11 without generating errors in Prime 95. I've tested so far as high as 1.8 volts with my Vantec Aeroflow. Right now it seems content at 185x11.

I have a week 47 chip with stock cooling at 3200+ without altering the voltage. Runs Prime95 for as long as I have let it without errors. Full load at 45*C. Was having problems with Prime before but found it was due to a bad stick of memory.

how did u find out it was due to ram ? that might sound stupid , but did u take the stick out and try prime with different ram or did u rem memtest86 or a diff program that gave u results?thats dont mean to steal the thread

Week 45, 2.2GHz@stock voltage (what is it 1.6V? I can't remember) and it is on stock cooling. The mutiplier was locked, which is no fun, and I didn't feel like pushing the chip until I get a better heatsink.

Originally posted by Jugo4c
how did u find out it was due to ram ? that might sound stupid , but did u take the stick out and try prime with different ram or did u rem memtest86 or a diff program that gave u results?thats dont mean to steal the thread
Well when I wasn't overclocking at all I still got errors within a minute with Prime so I figured something wasn't right. Guessed it was probably a stick of RAM so I ran Memtest86 on each stick and one of them gave errors. I then ran Prime with the good stick at stock speeds with no errors, then upped it to 3200+ and still didn't get any errors.

I got a week 43 that will do a 223 FSB x 11 at 1.775. I could push it farther too but the 8rda+ is holding me back i think.

i know this may sound dumb but just because you buy a 2500 right now doesnt mean its new. You have to check the week number to see when it was made. You can buy a cpu on december 30 but that doesnt mean its new it couldve been on the shelves for months for all we know. Check the date it was made and make sure its new before you say something about it.

Originally posted by Biggie
i know this may sound dumb but just because you buy a 2500 right now doesnt mean its new. You have to check the week number to see when it was made. You can buy a cpu on december 30 but that doesnt mean its new it couldve been on the shelves for months for all we know. Check the date it was made and make sure its new before you say something about it.

Actually it not at all obvious to me that the newer stepping are better overclockers although they appear to run faster at default voltage. My week 19 AQUCA runs rock solid at 199x12 (2388 MHZ) and will run fine at 200x12 as well (199x12 benches faster).
It does take 1.85V vCore and 2.8 vMem to get there though. Running at 36C load, water cooled. My week 19 also has the virtue of being unlocked. The thing that's actually holding me back is my rev 1.6 MB with the A2 stepping NB :mad: . I just need to get off my butt and volt-mod it and I should be able to get about 220x11 or thereabouts. I have noted that others with the earlier AQUCAs have had similar results.

Back