Newegg's Email

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
You guys have probably gotten this too if you just got a P67 system.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Newegg has recently become aware of a design issue that is affecting recent models of Intel Sandy Bridge platform motherboards. We are working with Intel to identify the exact nature of this problem.

As always, Newegg remains 100% committed to our customers' total satisfaction. In keeping with our commitment to our customers, we are extending the return period for your motherboard by 90 days or until replacements become available from the manufacturer, whichever is greater. Intel expects to have a new revision of the P67 & H67 chipsets out around April, at which point first-run motherboards with this issue will need to be physically replaced in affected systems.

From a technical standpoint, the design issue can be bypassed fairly simply by not using the Serial ATA (SATA) ports that are affected. Your motherboard’s manual should identify your SATA ports by number, and at a minimum you should see ports 0-5 (6 ports in total) listed. Ports 0 and 1 are Sata Rev. III (6Gbps), and do not appear to be affected by this problem. Ports 2-5 are SATA Rev. II (3Gbps) and should not be used. For a thorough explanation of this hardware work-around, please refer to our video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJcE2alQPvY

If you choose to use the hardware work-around option, there is no need to contact us at this time. We have your information on record and will email you as soon as the replacements become available. If you would like to discuss this with our tech community or read up on the latest updates, please visit our EggXpert forum:
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/682006.aspx

If none of the above options are suitable to your needs and you wish to return the board at this time for a full refund, please email us at [email protected] and include your sales order number so we can help you out with your return.

If you have any concerns, please contact Newegg Customer Service for further information and assistance.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,
Your Newegg.com Customer Service Team

I'm curious if this applies to the cpu as well, since a new cpu isn't much good without a motherboard to run it on. RMA the board and then what?

What I think it's saying is that we should wait for stock in April to come in and then they will email us for an RMA exchange. Hopefully.

What I think it's saying is that we should wait for stock in April to come in and then they will email us for an RMA exchange. Hopefully.
Pretty much. I have yet to be displeased with Newegg's service over the years.

Nice to see more information becoming available on this issue.

Hopefully HP announces something soon. I recommended the DV6TQE to somebody the other day when they had the $500 off coupon going, and their laptop has shipped but tracking shows it somewhere between 'Shanghai, CN' and Kentucky. HP's only release so far has been to say they exhaustively test their products before shipping, and then a reference to their 1 year warranty policy if it fails in that timeframe. I can't imagine them outright refusing to repair this problem though with Intel admitting there's a known product defect it isn't like HP could say down the road that they didn't know.

Honesltly it wouldn't be the first time that HP sold computers that had known hardware issues. I will never own another HP. I'll stick to the companies that make have a hand in making hardware for my next purchase.

Back