Newegg Shipping question

daemoncel

Limp Gawd
So i'm going to buy a LiteOn dvd+/-RW for my mothers computer at home in California ( i live in nj)

And i was going to buy from newegg cause i mean lets face it, where else would one get those prices.

So i go to order and notice that you need to have the same ship address or add an alternate ship-to address to ship to a specific address other then the one listed on your account

Unfortunately, for me (and probably thousands) Fleet does not allow you to do this.

So i called up newegg and they said that there is no way around this

So this leaves me with a dilemma

i don't know anywhere else where i can get this thing for this price.

Anyone have any ideas as to what i can do?

my only idea is this:

Fleet allows you to change your address from their web interface with no problems at all

my only idea is to change it to the address i need it to go to, and then ship it out through new egg and then once it goes through, send it right back

but i don't know if that will work

is fleet some kind of credit card? never heard of em, but any credit card company ive ever dealt wiht allowed me to add a shipping address to the card that was seperate from the billing address.

FLEET bank

they're a huge bank here in the east coast

and they just merged with Bank of America

Zipzoomfly usually has prices about the same as newegg with free shipping as well.

But this is something that hopefully every company does, and thankfully. Really easy way to use a stolen credit card. Only option is to add a second address to the card which I find weird that Fleet doesn't offer that.

You know, I have always ignored that message. I have shipped stuff to a friend and purchased it from NewEgg and just went in and changed my ship to address to my friends and I have never had a problem. I have never added his ship to address to my CC list either. NewEgg has never refused my order or questioned it.

I just have to make sure I change the address back after the order ships.

Has always worked for me.

Several places I have baught from and had a different ship to address all say the same thing. It may delay the order but, it never has yet.

Just place the order, edit the ship to address to where you want it to go and finish the order and see what happens. What can they do other than just refuse the order? They never have mine.

I have everything from newegg shipped to my office with no problem using my home credit card. I don't remember having to call my credit card to add an address or anything like that at all with newegg. That's another good reason to order with newegg.

Order it, have it sent to your house, then ship it yourself to Cally. You'll still be only paying once for shipping, provided you buy something with Free FedEd Saver.

Back