Newegg Shell Shocker: Asus P5Q Pro and Q6600 $269 shipped

wow that's a great deal! But for some reason when I click on to buy the combo it doesn't work.

Darn, I bought the retail Q6600 back in the end of June from Fry's for $179 and the P5Q Pro for $120 from Newegg recently and thought they were good deals then.

I'm thinking about upgrading my Athlon 3200+ system..
Is this a good opportunity?? Do you guys see this kind of deal often?
Thanks..

If you are planning on upgrading, then this is an excellent combo to get. I have the 'E' version which has a few more features, and it's been excellent so far (no oc yet).

Good overclocker + q6600 for $55 less than normal I think is a great deal.

Now the real question...do i really need a 2nd Q6600 system. I can't really afford it....but I am going to sell my ps3...and I do need a 2nd computer for rendering...

I already have all the other components for the system. Hard decision, this is a great deal.

Now the real question...do i really need a 2nd Q6600 system. I can't really afford it....but I am going to sell my ps3...and I do need a 2nd computer for rendering...

I already have all the other components for the system. Hard decision, this is a great deal.

I'm pretty sure you just made justification already.

Log in through MSN Live Search and save another 5.5% off it or atleast it says you can from MSN. I have not used this yet so I'm not sure how it works.

Must....not....hit....check-out... :(
I just grabbed a 4850. Gotta wait till my PC budget replenishes. Damn you NewEgg and your outstanding deals!! *shakes fist* :mad:

The P45 will support Nehalem right? If so, I might HAVE to buy this, I'll probably be upgrading sometime soon. Anyone know how well the P5Q overclocks?

The P45 will support Nehalem right? If so, I might HAVE to buy this, I'll probably be upgrading sometime soon. Anyone know how well the P5Q overclocks?

No, Nehalem is a different socket LG1366 and the first supporting mobos are X58s

Oh lame, I didn't realize it was a whole new socket. I'll have to give this more thought then. I might just pick up a Q6600, I already have a cheap MSI LGA775 board running an E6400.

So one could grab this combo for 270 + 193x2 for the 4870 deal right below this and have a rediculous system for less then $660.... That is just RETARDED

Log in through MSN Live Search and save another 5.5% off it or atleast it says you can from MSN. I have not used this yet so I'm not sure how it works.

it just pops up in your account after a week or so. make sure you don't pick paypal for payment because paypal will take its fee! (assuming you have premium or above)

then add a good PSU, Case, HSF which quality parts looking at another 200 bucks

add antecc 300 w/ 500w psu for 100 bucks and a xigamtek 120mm for $30 and there you go ! all for under 800

Seemund,
I thought I might be the only one left in the world still running the 3200+ :D
I just read that Intel has dropped prices again to get ready for its new chips (sorry can't spell N..)
They also added a few new chips to the Quads. But, there is ALWAYS something better the next day after you buy something. So if you are ready, just go for it. It will be a massive speed bump for you. I'm not sure if you are a gamer, but this is a great time price wise and speed wise to upgrade from where we are with the old XP's.

Oh, and if I remember right you have to get Newegg's email for you to get those discounts!

didnt think i needed to quote the person i was talking to... did forget hd n mem though /

Thank you Mr. Obvious's, or is Mr. Obvious', or even Mr. Obvioui? Ok, now I'm just being silly....

Got an insufficient stock warning the first couple of times I tried to order, but got it to go through the third time, so looks like they might be close to running out.

Back