Newegg RMA department - shipping "issues"

The only problems I ever had was them wrappign it in too much protection like an item being sent in a box that was twice its size and then that box was put inside another box 5 times the size.

I have heard that UPS does not handle packages with care. FedEx is a different story. Best of luck.

I have heard that UPS does not handle packages with care. FedEx is a different story. Best of luck.

Oh, we've had problems with UPS before... but I didn't have the option on the printer being shipped back on what it was shipped with.

Thing is, typical packing procedure is to double box or use Styrofoam cutouts so that any damage to the box itself won't damage the incoming product.

In this case, the printer wasn't double packed. The lids, trays, and collapsible parts were not taped into place, but left to freely move around inside the box. Packing peanuts were used which resulted in peanuts getting into the open sections of the printer itself.

So... yes. We are pursuing with UPS the condition of the outside of the box and the fact it was delivered upside down with the fragile tag sitting on the concrete.

But, we don't think that excuses Newegg for the horrible packing of the printer itself.

Newegg's packing sucks, I order from them about once a week and most of the time the items are barely secured in the boxes with packing material. I'd say 90% of the packages I receive only have protection on 1-2 sides of the item inside the package, just a thin layer of cardboard to protect from UPS' monkeys doesn't cut it.

The case I just got from newegg just had a UPS sticker on the side. Which isn't that big of a deal I guess but my roommates 500 26" Westinghouse TV came the same way. I'm still surprised that some one at UPS just didn't mark it delivered and take it home.

Newegg has a nifty policy of automatically refunding in full any shipment returned as refused, and UPS will pick up a package as refused a week or two after delivering it...easy DOA RMA process.

That said, they'd have far fewer packages going kaboom in transit if they did a better job on packaging. :rolleyes:

Back