NEWEGG REMOVES NYC TAXES!!!?

mista ting

Gawd
am i in heaven ??? i was calculating my total system costs yesterday and i put in my zip code to calculate shipping and usually it adds in 100$ tax yesterday. but today i did it again and it didn't even appear!!!!

is this happening to anyone else in NYC?

omfg just in time i was going to ship my parts to my cousins in ct then drive there and pick it up lol

"All orders shipped to addresses in California, New Jersey and Tennessee will be charged the appropriate state sales and/or local tax. Please note that the sales tax for New Jersey and Tennessee orders is calculated based upon the total price of the order, including shipping and handling. The tax imposed by these states on shipping and handling is part of the state sales tax, not a separate tax"

wow, actually, they took ALL NY TAXES AWAY!

because i tried my friend zip code for suffern, NY, and it added no tax!

but for jersey it did :(

oh well now i can order parts to his house again :D

Sweet!! But would've saved me $73 on my purchase last month...

I always try looking somewhere else to order expensive parts because of the tax on newegg :( (TN), wish they wouldn't have put a shipping plant or whatever here.

I always try looking somewhere else to order expensive parts because of the tax on newegg :( (TN), wish they wouldn't have put a shipping plant or whatever here.

Most definitely. How high is tax in TN? Cuz the 8.25% out here in Cali absolutely destroys all the good deals.

Wish they didn't have to have a plant/shipping site/office/whatever out in LA, but what can you do?

Most definitely. How high is tax in TN? Cuz the 8.25% out here in Cali absolutely destroys all the good deals.

Wish they didn't have to have a plant/shipping site/office/whatever out in LA, but what can you do?

7%, local tax is 2% so everything around here is 9% taxed.

Aren't you "required" to report this on your year end tax return and pay the tax to the state anyway?...aka "use" tax.

DAMNIT... if i would of waited till today to order instead of paying $8 tax yesterday.

Aren't you "required" to report this on your year end tax return and pay the tax to the state anyway?...aka "use" tax.

There's an amount that if you go over shopping online that you're supposed to report. I think it's like 2,000 dollars or something but don't quote me on the amount.

yes..
shifty.gif

The rules vary by state though. I know in Michigan you have to claim everything, or so said my tax form when I filed it.

But this belongs in the HOT DEALS DISCUSSIONS forum..

too bad california isn't included on this tax break :(

California never will be included in the tax break. Having your headquarters there will do that... ;)

Newegg.com's About Us Page said:
Our headquarters is located in City of Industry, California.

http://www.newegg.com/Info/AboutUs.aspx

not everything, I've ordered a microphone from newegg and it got shipped from the east coast. It's usually a 2 day delivery for me in San Diego.

soo... anyways i'm not jealous at all. :|

im in NJ, i only order from newegg if they have an exception deal, otherwise its not worth it

when i built my first system, i pioad like $75 or $80 in taxes. and that was when the tax rate was only 6%! now its 7%

gahh

Thank god. Now I wont have to hear all you New Yorkers complaining about tax in every single Newegg thread in HotDeals.

Back