Newegg rant

nightwalker

2[H]4U
ive been shopping at the egg for 2 years now but it really fucks me off when they send me used shit when i pay for it new.

and its not the first time theyve done that either.... first time it was a case where the window was scratched and box had been re-taped.

now this time i get my new motherboard which ive been excited about, only to find the seal on the anti-static bag has scotch tape wrapped over it, the northbridge and mosfet coolers have dings on them too.

if i buy something new i expect it new not second hand.

anyone else had this happen to them too ?

wow...sorry to hear that. Haven't heard of that before.

Newegg in my opinion, regardless, is still the one of the best, if not, the best for computer components.

I've never gotten "used" new items before.
I find that hard to believe that Newegg would do that.
They're #1. Newegg FTW!!! :cool:

When you get that stuff, just think of it as an excuse to yell at people over the phone. Not sure if you want to do it, but I'd certainly do it. Get em to overnight a replacement too haha.

Most likely that is some dude in a manager position that isn't meeting his quota and is trying to ship out the left over crap as it is sitting around. I would call and get real nasty. Just remember not to yell or curse.

Yeah, that's inexcusable. I would try to get some sort of discount out of that, along with a new replacement of course.

I've had a few problems with Newegg over the years but I've ordered hundreds of parts from them. Can't say I've ever received a used item, but I could see it happening. The guy packing your order probably grabbed an "Open Box" model rather than the untouched retail one. I don't know how their warehouses are set up, but its possible.

they gave me a little discount off of my next order..... and said that its probably the manufacturers packaging something back up and putting it with their orders and its not their fault.

i do sort of believe them lol... but maybe they sell their 'unopened' returns as new and dont check em out properly, who knows.

i still love you newegg but ive had a shit day today lol

I've always had great items/service from Newegg, IMO, they still can't be beat.

What really is pissing me off is with Power Search that Open Box and Recertified are checked by default. I should have to go check the box if I want that crap.

It sucks and I wouldn't be surprised if this got the OP 'fucked off'.

Same shit happened to me.

I bought a BFG 8800 GTS g92 for a friend's rig, the serial number had a big scratch on it (on the box) and the card's antistatic bag had the remnants of a torn bag sticker with a new one over it (those yellow stickers).

I emailed newegg but they insist all their items are new unless noted "Open Box".

I call BS.

First of all if they reject rebate cause the UPC or whatever has a big ass scratch, that's money lost.

Second if this card is broken, I'm gonna kick some ass.

It doesn't bother me if it works, but how do I know this thing wasn't returned because it's defective? Haven't even had the chance to try yet.

Back