Newegg prices dropped

Cproflow

Weaksauce
Just got my X2 3800+ for $169. Free Shipping

4200+ is $199

Let the feeding frenzy begin! ;)

Posted this in the other thread, but I'm looking for a response ASAP. Does anyone know if the AM2 x2 4200+ comes with the heatpipe heatsink?

just ordered my AM2 4200 for $199. When i went to move my memory to my cart it was out of stock :(. Cmon new egg i need my 2 Gigs of Crosair XMS

There are new prices for the 4400 and 4800, they just cannot be ordered anymore. So once they are gone, they are gone.

Right the one with 1MB of cache they said were a waste since the preformance increase was nearly nill. So they are just shipping what they have and no longer producing them.

I just ordred the x2 4200+ for $199, because I was getting a bunch of other stuff from newegg. If you don't want a free year of PC Magazine you get a $10 mail in rebate! So that brings it down to $189 shipped. Good deal to me!

FYI for those that buy from newegg

Newegg has a PC magazine subscription added to the item fee $9.97. You can get it back if you don't check the agree box on the submit order page and follow the instructions on the refund .pdf file. At least that's how newegg rep told me that's how it worked

:D

mwave has the 4600+ for $242

I'm still gonna hang on a bit and see what kinda combo deals the retailers come out with to get people to buy from them instead of the other guy.

You guys should do the same :)

osalcido said:
mwave has the 4600+ for $242

I'm still gonna hang on a bit and see what kinda combo deals the retailers come out with to get people to buy from them instead of the other guy.

You guys should do the same :)

But I have been waiting for this drop for a month :(

But I may wait, since I don't want the Asrock Dual Sata, I have to upgrade to PCI-e too. Still debating on just biting the bullet on an X1900XT, or save some moola and just get an X1800XT.

(cf)Eclipse said:
no, nor is the 4400+
Yeah it is, but only slightly:

Pre: $467

My company gets them for much cheaper (bulk ordering, of course).

Trinitrotoluene said:
am2 or 939? if it is the 939, it is about $20 too high
In terms of the AMD pricing anouncement, no it's not. $169 is dead on. Now if you meant that NE is about $20 higher than everyone else, well it's probably true best-case scenario. I'd say $10 higher than most other etailers.

I'm either getting a 4400+ or a 4800+ , depends how much the 4800+ is.
The 4400+ I can get for 230$.

snyper238 said:
ordered my 4200X2 and M2N-SLI combo deal saved me a whopping 3 dollars :D
Why?
In a week you can get a spiffy Conroe deal for about the same or less, and DDRII memory prices are dropping (while DDR is now climbing).
If you don't have an AMD64 platform to upgrade, it's a weird decision to me...

altcon said:
Why?
In a week you can get a spiffy Conroe deal for about the same or less, and DDRII memory prices are dropping (while DDR is now climbing).
If you don't have an AMD64 platform to upgrade, it's a weird decision to me...

It's not a wierd decision to me. The cheapest conroe will be somewhere around $220 when it comes out, and the motherboards out right now are very expensive. All of the initial price gouging will eliminate the price/performance ratio advantage of conroe. Going AM2 will possibly save you money, time, and frustration, as the BIOSes for many the AM2s have been fixed and shouldn't have the quirks that the conroe boards are bound to have.

Time to sell off the 165 and buy a 4200+ :D

Mmmm. 11x multi here I come!

can we get threw one amd thread without some intel nut crapping on it?
You are in a AMD forum.. leave your intel commits to yourself

yeah really... when theres Conroes available to buy... then start spewing your propaganda in the other forums

Well I got tired of waiting for Newegg so I ordered the 4600+ from Mwave. Plus I got the free age of empires 3 games, plus as a bonus I had a coupon for $10 off any purchase that I had come up automatically when I checked out. :cool: Total came to $232.05. Not to bad for a 4600+ with a free game :p

nodle said:
Well I got tired of waiting for Newegg so I ordered the 4600+ from Mwave. Plus I got the free age of empires 3 games, plus as a bonus I had a coupon for $10 off any purchase that I had come up automatically when I checked out. :cool: Total came to $232.05. Not to bad for a 4600+ with a free game :p

same here - sweet deal!

HAHA...I'm looking for the 5000 AM2..that's where my cash/credit card want to be :D ;)

NewEgg has 4800 for 499$ Why wouldn't you just go over to monarch and get one for 356 plus an asus a8n32 sli deluxe for 160$, ( i counts on fingers.......) :) thats 516$ plus shipping. Seems like a better deal to me. I am not the biggest monarch fan, but 499$ vrs 356$..

by the way zip is still at 630 ish.

http://www.directron.com/ada4800cdbox.html

349$

Hochi said:
FYI for those that buy from newegg

Newegg has a PC magazine subscription added to the item fee $9.97. You can get it back if you don't check the agree box on the submit order page and follow the instructions on the refund .pdf file. At least that's how newegg rep told me that's how it worked

:D

What a fucking scam. What happened to newegg? At least Best Buy asks me if I want a magazine subscription. As soon as you sign up for a magazine, your address is sold to junk mailers everywhere. :rolleyes:

Jarod888 said:
NewEgg has 4800 for 499$ Why wouldn't you just go over to monarch and get one for 356 plus an asus a8n32 sli deluxe for 160$, ( i counts on fingers.......) :) thats 516$ plus shipping. Seems like a better deal to me. I am not the biggest monarch fan, but 499$ vrs 356$..

by the way zip is still at 630 ish.

http://www.directron.com/ada4800cdbox.html

349$

Because Monarch doesn't actually have them in stock and won't ever get them in stock.

I honestly think AMD has screwed some retailers with the 4400+ and 4800+. That is the only reason I can see that the 4600+ is MORE expensive at Newegg than the 4800+, they are trying to unload them without taking a huge loss. So that is why they have not dropped the 4600+(539) yet and is why the 4800+ went to a lower price(499).

bummer. I really want to move to a FX-57 but I just can't justify paying more that $150.00 US NIB. That's about what they are worth :(

Back