Newegg Polk Monitor 50 60 and 70 series on sale

Kahnvex

2[H]4U
I didn't see this anywhere in the hotdeals forums, and they're only actively pushing the $119.99 model in their ad, so I thought I'd drop a line.

They have the Monitor 50's (cherry) for $109.99

Monitor 50's (black)- $109.99

Monitor 60's (black) - $119.99

Monitor 70's (black) - $179.99

All with Free Shipping, which itself is a huge savings is you've ever seen what Fry's or someplace similar wants to ship these things

It's hurting me something awful to not pull the trigger on these with my newegg preferred and 12 months no interest/no payments

Also, unless you need them in cherry, you'd be foolish to not get the 60's over the 50's. Some nice deals to be had on newegg with Sub's and Center channels from Polk as well.

I own a pair of the Monitor 70s, great speakers for the money (if you get the pair for ~350 or less).

are these prices for one loudspeaker or for a pair?

I wish they had some deals on Polk RTi A series. The markup on speakers is crazy. When I worked for an electronics store I could have gotten them for 50% off. I regret not doing it. Every time you see a 50% off sale on speakers you're still paying a little over their cost.

Are these things self-powered in any way?

My dad's got two big Polks, maybe something higher-end than this, and they are fucking beast running off his 5 x 75w receiver. It is unbelievable.

My dad's got two big Polks, maybe something higher-end than this, and they are fucking beast running off his 5 x 75w receiver. It is unbelievable.

No, not self powered, and most of the reviewers on various sites mention pairing them with a sub.

My favorite thing about the polks I have now (not these, sadly) is that they are tight and responsive, with clear mids and good mid-bass punch.

These things make me hot, they are begging to be purchased and hooked up to my new receiver.

We wants them precious, oh we wants them so very badly :D

The 60's seem like the better deal of the three
wink.gif

The 60's seem like the better deal of the three
wink.gif

Pricewise, at a glance yeah. However if you look between the 60's and the 70's you go from 3 - 5.25 drivers to 4 - 6.5 drivers. If you've got the amp to run the 70's, they will sing for you, especially if you can bi-amp them.

Thumbs up for Pulk Audio speakers!

I've had my set of 7.1 for the past 5 years and there awesome.. I live in a condo and theres someone living below us.. About 4 years ago there was 2 guys living below us in there 20's. His room mate was an jerk and was partying late one night at 3:30AM.. I was so freakin mad that i slapped in the DVD Audio Metallica Black CD in my High end DVD player, selected Sad but True and cranked the volume to max on my 125 watt Devon 7.1 surround receiver... LOL!!! OH MAN THAT WAS AWESOME!! I was air drumming on the couch stompin my feet on the floor (Bass pedal) and Yelling on top of my lungs " Oh man does that sound good! Whada think??? My wife comes runing out of bed into the living room yelling "What ya doing???

If ya know that song you could just imagine the AWESOME Bass in the begining! lol.. I can remember hearing them below going "Huh?? What th..." They prob fell off there couch!

2 THUMBS UP! BUY THEM IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SPEAKERS!

I rocked out on one song and then turned it off and there was nice.. silence!

Good equipment does not need a lot of watts ;)

It is a sad truth, so many compare wattages these days and there is so much more to it.

My old 5x75 receiver with super efficient infinity floor speakers is amazing.

Good equipment does not need a lot of watts ;)

It is a sad truth, so many compare wattages these days and there is so much more to it.

My old 5x75 receiver with super efficient infinity floor speakers is amazing.

Well I know my speakers are nowhere near what his are, BUT I was shocked when I realized it was only pushing 75w (which is what my receiver does).

Efficient speakers are insane, but usually expensive these days :rolleyes: :(

A lot of cheaper speakers just soak up the watts. Good efficient speakers can take very few watts and have amazing clear sound and volume.

I found the ones we have once on ebay and they went for like $50. Amazing stuff. People dont always realize that older is not necessarily bad in the audio world. Good speakers from 10yrs ago can still be good speakers today if they were cared for (not allowed to crack, have any damage, etc.).

I actually have bose speakers for my fronts and sub, but it is back from when Bose was not such a marketing hype of overpriced fail :p

Back