Newegg Newyear deals

the 5850 is still a ripoff at $330. whatever happened to the $259 msrp? yes I know this is the black edition but if you are too stupid to move the slider over 40mhz yourself then you shouldnt be in this forum.

pewwww... stinky. I don't think a 5850 at $70 above MSRP is a "Deal" in any form.

I'd probably be purchasing one at $250 though.

Nobody in their right mind would buy that 5850 when the 5870 is $350 after BCB at tiger.

Newegg, you'd better restore your game, cuz I haven't seen anything worth buying from you for months, and MONTHS, especially considering tax and shipping.

well with the promo its 5 bucks cheaper at newegg plus you would have to pay shipping and/or tax at best buy. is that even a regular store price for best buy? I see stuff all the time on their site that doesnt reflect an actual store price.

Newegg, you'd better restore your game, cuz I haven't seen anything worth buying from you for months, and MONTHS, especially considering tax and shipping.
Not to mention they pulled their ads from [H].

I haven't bought anything really tech-related from anywhere lately, but if the itch strikes anytime soon, and Newegg doesn't have one of there amazingly insane deals, I will go out of my way to buy elsewhere.

1TB drives were going for under $70 on black friday.

You can get the WD1001FALS from Tigerdirect for the same price as newegg's promo, minues Bing cashback for a total of about $80:

2d93hgi.png

I'd probably be purchasing one at $250 though.

Nobody in their right mind would buy that 5850 when the 5870 is $350 after BCB at tiger.

Exactly. And you can get a 5850 for just above that $250 mark you mentioned by using TD CB, too.

If WD didn't remove TLER, I would have jumped on 8 of the 1tb drivs. Sorry newegg, I know it's not your fault.

What about folks who don't have $410 and only have $310 to spend?

Before BCB the price difference is $100 - not exactly small change...

well, the only thing that I bought from newegg in the last 3-4 years was the 80gb intel ssd gen 2 this black friday, it used to be the best shop to buy parts all the time 5-6 years back but theyused have crazy deals, I call it the old egg now, if I buy anything now it is usually tigerdirect, no tax and over 10% bing cashback most of the time. Rarely I see good deals there, nothing too tempting that would bring out my debit card.

well with the promo its 5 bucks cheaper at newegg plus you would have to pay shipping and/or tax at best buy. is that even a regular store price for best buy? I see stuff all the time on their site that doesnt reflect an actual store price.

I saw a 1TB WD Eco Green in Best Buy B&M (Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach Virginia) yesterday for $84.99, no rebate; had ~40 or so on the shelf. So, yeah, the $95 NewEgg price is poor.

Remember when Newegg was running a deal on WD 1 Tb Blacks for only $85 shipped?

You can get a 1TB WD black AND a thermaltake dock for for $85.99 right now................, see my thread in hot deals.

Remember when Newegg was running a deal on WD 1 Tb Blacks for only $85 shipped?

No, must have missed that. I agree though, $95 isn't really too "hot".

Ah, to be wealthy and not have to be so obsessed with the Hot Deals forum :-/

I agree that most of the deals arent worth it, but i needed a large portable drive and the 640 wd on for like 50 less than anywhere else did the trick for me, i dont even try bcb with newegg now, every little bit counts but what is it like 2% now, that doesnt even make me want to go to bing and try to get the 2 dollars back.

Last edited:
Wow - that's got to be one of the least-intelligent posts I've seen on these boards... :rolleyes:

his point was that a person who has less than $410 should not commit $300 of whatever amount they have to a videocard. If you cannot understand this, I assume you live with your parents or some other situation where you have no living expenses.

Or maybe you just really suck at managing your money...

Folks that don't have $410 to spend shouldn't be buying a $300 video card

QFT

This issue is starting to become far to common on these boards now. Funny thing is, most computer hardware of today is under half the price it was when I first joined this forum. This is before sales & deals are implemented to further decrease the price of the product. Yet, people still complain about hardware costing to much. I guess you can't satisfy everyone :p

his point was that a person who has less than $410 should not commit $300 of whatever amount they have to a videocard. If you cannot understand this, I assume you live with your parents or some other situation where you have no living expenses.

QFT

This issue is starting to become far to common on these boards now. Funny thing is, most computer hardware of today is under half the price it was when I first joined this forum. This is before sales & deals are implemented to further decrease the price of the product. Yet, people still complain about hardware costing to much. I guess you can't satisfy everyone :p

I find it amusing how my original comment was taken out of context not once but twice.

No where did I say (or even imply) that I thought that the hardware was too expensive and/or overpriced. Hell, I wasn't even referring to myself when I said:

What about folks who don't have $410 and only have $310 to spend?

Before BCB the price difference is $100 - not exactly small change...

I personally could buy a 5970 today if I wanted (and/or could find) one, but I don't really think a 5970 (or a 5870 for that matter) would be a good value for my situation (but that's a topic for another discussion ;) )

To imply that every enthusiast should not consider buying a $300 video card because they can't afford a $410 video card (which may be a better overall value) is simply ridiculous.

I know this is [H] forums, but to say that if you can't afford a $410 card you shouldn't bother at all is just wrong.

what if youre so good at managing your money that you have a yearly computer budget, and its currently at less then $410, but higher then $300? assumptions are the mother of all fuckups....

Am I the only one having problems getting to Newegg's website? I haven't been able to view it since yesterday.
**Disregard. It must be the firewall at my work.

Last edited:
what if youre so good at managing your money that you have a yearly computer budget, and its currently at less then $410, but higher then $300?

then that would be something different than what I was talking about. I was talking about having less then $410, not of having a yearly computer budget of less than $410.

assumptions are the mother of all fuckups....

uh, OK?

What do you guys think of the 5870 and Thermaltake 600w ps for 429.99 shipped?

I don't know how that PSU rates and probably wouldn't consider using it in a system that had a 5870 + other modern parts, but at that price you're almost getting the PSU for free. Would be good for a second system or you could sell it to recoup some money.

Back