Newegg labor day sale: 1TB WD caviar black 7200 RPM $89.99 free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find. $15 less than the current usual price, but still $15-$20 more than the pre-flood prices.

Decent price for the time, but still a rip-off considering that the flood was nearly a year ago and numerous substituting production lines were formed until Thailand gets back to full operation. The supply is not low enough and the demand is not high enough anymore to warrant such prices now. /rant

Yeah its pretty lame. Ive been wanting another one too but...

I paid $50 for my current 1TB black I have now back when it was normal. I refuse to buy HD's until they are back at the 1TB for $50 price tag.

mine just died after two months. I wish i bought this one now :(

are there any news on weather the prices of these HDs coming down or not, i'll like to get few 3TB but the price are way too much compare to pre flood price.

man i remember getting a 1tb black for 55 bucks...still way to expensive for me. I'm out of space, but im gonna try to and hold out until they go back to 50-60 dollar price range.

Yeah its pretty lame. Ive been wanting another one too but...

I paid $50 for my current 1TB black I have now back when it was normal. I refuse to buy HD's until they are back at the 1TB for $50 price tag.

man i remember getting a 1tb black for 55 bucks...still way to expensive for me. I'm out of space, but im gonna try to and hold out until they go back to 50-60 dollar price range.

when was the 1TB WD Black ever 50 or 55 bucks? I bought my Samsung 1TB for 55 bucks in July 2011 and the 1TB Black was over 80 bucks even then.

when was the 1TB WD Black ever 50 or 55 bucks? I bought my Samsung 1TB for 55 bucks in July 2011 and the 1TB Black was over 80 bucks even then.

I bought my 2TB Blacks for $90 so I guess it's possible.

From what I read HD manufacturers aren't in a hurry to drop prices as production ramps up because they really have no reason to. Data keeps growing, people keep needing drives so they're still selling well.

In addition, in order to avoid getting hit with the crazy high prices when the flood hit the major PC manufacturers signed agreements with the HD manufacturers to purchase drives at a price that was higher than the pre-flood prices but lower than the post-flood prices. These agreements were for several years however so PC manufacturers are still locked in at prices higher than pre-flood prices and will be for a while which keeps the prices up for everyone. That was the trade-off to not get bent over on pricing after the flood.

It was during certain sales. The normal price wasnt $50. But there were many sales I passed on when they had it for around $50-$55.

It was during certain sales. The normal price wasnt $50. But there were many sales I passed on when they had it for around $50-$55.
yeah I guess I must have missed the sales but that was the only other drive I was interested in at that time besides the Samsung that I got.

i bought a bunch of these same drives for this same price several years ago, funny how stagnant the prices are for hdds.. it's a shame really.. we should be able to get these for $50 normally

Waiting until I can get one of these for $50! Didn't know they had sales like that and I was about to buy a used 650gb black for $50 xD

I bought this drive in-store at Best Buy for $99 back during Christmas 2010. 2 years later, and the drive is only $10 less from Newegg. Pathetic.

I bought this drive in-store at Best Buy for $99 back during Christmas 2010. 2 years later, and the drive is only $10 less from Newegg. Pathetic.

Well I can see you have been living under a rock for the past 2 years.

It's not the flood, it's collusion at this point. There are less manufacturers now that Samsung's product line was bought out by Seagate. There's little to no reason for Seagate and WD to compete on price now. Gotta love monopolies.

It's not the flood, it's collusion at this point. There are less manufacturers now that Samsung's product line was bought out by Seagate. There's little to no reason for Seagate and WD to compete on price now. Gotta love monopolies.

This. Your intelligence > Mr_Wrong's intelligence

the normal price before the flood was about $70 and on lucky sale day $50, or normal sale $55. i'll have to agree, i doubt the price will come down considering the demands are going up and no one is really competing. although they are the cheapest in US and Europe (compare to other places) but eventually it'll have to come down.

the normal price before the flood was about $70 and on lucky sale day $50, or normal sale $55. i'll have to agree, i doubt the price will come down considering the demands are going up and no one is really competing. although they are the cheapest in US and Europe (compare to other places) but eventually it'll have to come down.
I got my Hitachi 3TB drives for $80 in November. Not the same model of course, but still, chaching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back