Newegg is showing x800xt

Zedd

n00b
Newegg is showing that they should have x800xt in stock by the 13th. Hopefully this is a sign that other large distributers will get theirs soon aswell.

the one thing newegg is good about is coming through on their delivery dates. And hopefully they wont start to price gauge again.

it's $599, how is that not price gouging for a non BBA product?

I guess it's cheaper than the $750 cards on ebay though.

Yeah, $599 is gouging pretty bad. Better than most, but still not really feasible. :(

I never thought newegg would be one to do something like price hike.

However, it says it's a VIVO model... that's not standard, right?

blindrocket said:
I never thought newegg would be one to do something like price hike.

However, it says it's a VIVO model... that's not standard, right?

I think all X800XT have the RAGE Theater chip, and VIVO. Some X800 Pros also have VIVO, and can be modded to X800XT speeds.

Are you sure? VIVO is VIDEO IN - VIDEO OUT, right? It obviously has VO with the S-Video connection, but I haven't seen anything about VI... that would make it an AIW right?

blindrocket said:
Are you sure? VIVO is VIDEO IN - VIDEO OUT, right? It obviously has VO with the S-Video connection, but I haven't seen anything about VI... that would make it an AIW right?
I would watch out, newegg mislabeled some of their pros as being VIVO, come to find out their only TVOs

blindrocket said:

From a review of a HIS Excalibur 9550 VIVO edition:
Hard Avenue said:
Unlike the All In Wonder series, which tend to feature a plethora of inputs and outputs at a high price tag, VIVO is generally your "no frills" type of input/output subsystem. Using the standard S-Video connector at the back of most videocards, the HIS 9550 VIVO allows you to output both S-Video and Composite connectors, and input S-Video and Composite connectors. As expected, all this is handled by the onboard ATi Rage Theatre chipset, which has featured on ATi VIVO and AIW cards ever since the very beginning.

The only difference between a VIVO ATi card and a VTO ATi card is the inclusion of an ATi Rage Theatre chip.

blindrocket said:
EDIT: Then I guess it is price gouging. :(

Relative to the prices of other X800XTs on other sites, this is a pretty good deal. Think about it this way... Hitman: Contracts is a $50 game. CS:CZ is a $30 game. HL2 is $50. PowerDVD is at least $20. You also get a rather nice backpack, let's say $25-35 (if you have the balls to wear it outside ;)). That adds up to $185 in bundled items, which means you are getting a great card for $70 below retail.

This card is brand new. You aren't going to find it elsewhere for cheaper. Might as well wait, or buy it from a great company, with a great bundle.

lorcani said:
Relative to the prices of other X800XTs on other sites, this is a pretty good deal. Think about it this way... Hitman: Contracts is a $50 game. CS:CZ is a $30 game. HL2 is $50. PowerDVD is at least $20. You also get a rather nice backpack, let's say $25-35 (if you have the balls to wear it outside ;)). That adds up to $185 in bundled items, which means you are getting a great card for $70 below retail.

This card is brand new. You aren't going to find it elsewhere for cheaper. Might as well wait, or buy it from a great company, with a great bundle.

I apologize, I did not see the bundle it came with. And that is a very nice bundle indeed... where did you read about the bundle specifically? I now see the backpack...

I'd also like to have an XT featuring Agent 47. :p :D :cool:

blindrocket said:
The only thing about my games however, I prefer the boxes. :p
I would assume Half Life 2 would be a coupon though.

I throw away the game boxes anyway, take up too much room in my already-claustrophobic space. :D

HL2 is included in coupon-form, like what came with the 9800XTs. When HL2 is released, you can enter the code to download it, for free, off Steam. Alternatively, you can have a CD delivered from VALVe for a nominal fee. :)

Ah, thanks for the reply.

I am totally materialistic when it comes to stuff like this... but I have to have the boxes and manuals... :rolleyes: <- directed towards myself.
I could probably sell the software package for a 100+ bucks and then buy Contracts and HL2 Collectors Edition with the money.

Back