• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newegg has 15% off on raid controller cards

Whats the difference between a ARECA-1880i and a ARECA-1880ix? If I'm planning to use a Intel SAS Expander, then which one would be better?
 
Need a card with "2 x SFF-8088 mini-SAS" external connectors, do you have any recommendations? Too bad I don't see any Areca that has this on that page.

Will this card work with 3TB drives?

http://www.provantage.com/areca-technology-arc-1880x~7AREC03Q.htm

Yeah apparently Newegg doesn't carry the ARC-1880X. I highly recommend the 1800 series cards though, and yes it will work with 3TB drives.


Whats the difference between a ARECA-1880i and a ARECA-1880ix? If I'm planning to use a Intel SAS Expander, then which one would be better?

The ARC-1880i has 2 internal SFF-8087 mini-SAS connectors, the ARC-1880ixl-8 has 2 internal SFF-8087 mini-SAS connectors as well as 1 external SFF-8088 mini-SAS connector. There are several versions of the "ix" cards with the "1880ixl-8" being the entry level model, the higher end models have even more internal ports as well as the ability to expand the onboard cache.

Also, I believe all of the models aside from the 1880i and 1880x (anything over 8 ports) have built-in expanders, which may or may not have issues with additional expanders.

The Arc-1880i and Intel expander are an excellent combination, you can get up to 24 ports out of the combination (for use with say a Norco RPC-4224), and the Intel expander supports 6gbps per port. Personally, I have an Arc-1880i, and in a few months I plan on getting the Intel expander for my next RAID expansion. If you are considering getting an 1880i I would jump on this Newegg deal, it is a steal at that price.
 
Maybe you sould have added "Select" to your title and the codes don't work for everyone.

This otta be in Hot Deals....not here.
 
Back
Top