Newegg!! GRRRR, Need to Vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
So, last week my brothers got me a couple of Newegg Gift Cards for xmas. I bought most of the parts for a new build using the gift cards and threw the rest on my credit card. The order got split into 2 when it shipped on Friday, presumably because one of the items was a case, going in its own box, and the other contained the gpu, ram, and psu I bought.

So today, the case shows up (hooray for being 1 state away from the CA warehouse) but the tracking number for the remaining parts still shows that the carrier hasn't received it yet. So I contact newegg livechat to explain the issue, and check to make sure that the package is somewhere.

After the usual hold, she informs me that we need to file a claim for the missing parts, and asks if i want a refund, or a replacement. So that's annoying, I was expecting parts today or tomorrow. So I tell her a replacement is fine, hoping they'd ship the parts out tomorrow. Oh no, it's a 7-10 day investigation before the claim can be confirmed, and THEN the order can be re-placed. Ugh. So I ask about a refund, thinking I'll just order everything again, and then get a refund when they figure out what they're doing with the lost stuff.

But the gift cards I used can't be applied to this new order, because they have no value until the refund is issued. So I suggested several solutions including scratching the refund on the gift card and throwing me a credit so i can place the order now. No dice.

So the end result is, I'm stuck waiting to place the order until the gift cards get refunded, after their investigation. I know 2 weeks isn't the end of the world, but it's just frustrating.

/rant off

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Time for a beer and sleep.

Sorry about the problems you are having. I have always had good lucky with newegg. Never had any problems. I see why they want to wait, but I would be pissed off as well.

It's not the end of the world. I was upgrading my current setup's watercooling and it took 4 months. Missing parts, burned components, troubleshooting more components, no booting, RMA return twice, air bleeding problems, I was ready to throw in the towel and give up. But patience pays off. The way I see it, the moment you fire up that beast, that lost time won't even matter anymore.

I was using my surface pro 2 during that time and when I finally powered up my machine on my triple 30's after 4 months, PC master race glory...

[L]imey;1041338071 said:
So, last week my brothers got me a couple of Newegg Gift Cards for xmas. I bought most of the parts for a new build using the gift cards and threw the rest on my credit card. The order got split into 2 when it shipped on Friday, presumably because one of the items was a case, going in its own box, and the other contained the gpu, ram, and psu I bought.

So today, the case shows up (hooray for being 1 state away from the CA warehouse) but the tracking number for the remaining parts still shows that the carrier hasn't received it yet. So I contact newegg livechat to explain the issue, and check to make sure that the package is somewhere.

After the usual hold, she informs me that we need to file a claim for the missing parts, and asks if i want a refund, or a replacement. So that's annoying, I was expecting parts today or tomorrow. So I tell her a replacement is fine, hoping they'd ship the parts out tomorrow. Oh no, it's a 7-10 day investigation before the claim can be confirmed, and THEN the order can be re-placed. Ugh. So I ask about a refund, thinking I'll just order everything again, and then get a refund when they figure out what they're doing with the lost stuff.

But the gift cards I used can't be applied to this new order, because they have no value until the refund is issued. So I suggested several solutions including scratching the refund on the gift card and throwing me a credit so i can place the order now. No dice.

So the end result is, I'm stuck waiting to place the order until the gift cards get refunded, after their investigation. I know 2 weeks isn't the end of the world, but it's just frustrating.

/rant off

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Time for a beer and sleep.

Other than the parts being lost in transit, it seems like excellent customer service and the usual policies of most online retailers. I mean yea you have to wait, but Newegg is doing a good job taking care of the situation considering the circumstances.

I just needed to blow it out of my ears. Live chat to come to no real resolution except "wait more" took an hour to get a CSR, and then 45 minutes to discuss my lack of options.

Anyway, excellent customer service would have been "we'll reship the parts that are lost, and worry about filing a claim with the carrier on our own time", rather than "sorry, wait 10 days to see if we can find them"

Anyway, my 2c.

I agree with OP. If UPS lost the shipment, it is incredibly annoying that you'd have to wait for a claim. That's part of why you pay more retail. You aren't responsible for anything until the item enters your possession. Waiting for a UPS claim is something I'd expect from a classifieds seller, not an etailer.

This has nothing to do with [H] though. This is why this forum is here for problems with [H]. If you want to vent buy a subscription to Genmay and vent away. I'm sorry you have issues but it has nothing to do with anything that has to do with Hardforum or belongs in this forum.

This has nothing to do with [H] though. This is why this forum is here for problems with [H]. If you want to vent buy a subscription to Genmay and vent away. I'm sorry you have issues but it has nothing to do with anything that has to do with Hardforum or belongs in this forum.

Except that this is a hardware forum, and last I checked, Newegg was one of the biggest hardware etailers. There are probably hundreds of posts about Newegg, Amazon, TD and service received. I was simply relaying an experience, and letting my fellow H'ers provide some insight.

No one said you had to read my thread if the topic didn't interest you.

Perhaps you should learn the rules before you post then. The point is we all have problems in our daily lives. We don't need a flood of post about every single problem people have with a company. All that is going to happen is it will get locked because it is off topic for this forum. Hopefully everything works out for you though.

Rules
(1) The SUBJECT of your thread should reflect the type of transaction FS (For Sale), FT (For Trade), WTB (Want to Buy) or WTTF (Want to Trade For)

[L]imey;1041338624 said:
Except that this is a hardware forum, and last I checked, Newegg was one of the biggest hardware etailers. There are probably hundreds of posts about Newegg, Amazon, TD and service received. I was simply relaying an experience, and letting my fellow H'ers provide some insight.

No one said you had to read my thread if the topic didn't interest you.

Pardon me then, since this was about a transaction with a vendor, and we don't have any vendor forums, it seemed the appropriate place.

Are you always such a dick when replying?

Sorry you had so many problems with Newegg (no issues with them for me so far...*knock on wood*), but this really does belong in Genmay. Don't be surprised if this gets locked.

Just to roll back around to the rules for TTT, the thread must be regarding a transaction that took place on [H].

[L]imey;1041338704 said:
Pardon me then, since this was about a transaction with a vendor, and we don't have any vendor forums, it seemed the appropriate place.

usually he is, yes. :p

But he's often right as well.

Well since I don't have a Genmay sub, lets just chalk it up to this being the best place that "I" had access to to post my rant. Since this thread has served it's purpose, I'll go ahead and close it out, so as not to incite anymore wrath.

edit: Evidently I don't have authority to close this thread, so some kind mod do it for me when time permits, thanks!

Let me apologize to you if you think I'm being a dick. That isn't my intentions. I'm just a very direct person. And I pretty much just say it how it needs to be said. Perhaps a fault of mine I guess. I just rather be straight forward about a matter and not sugar coat it. We are all grown here and I feel it is easier to firm and direct. So again if I made you mad then I apologize about. I do still hope you get it sorted out as I said in my previous post.

[L]imey;1041338704 said:

Last edited:
Perhaps I read too much into it and was being too sensitive. A simple "wrong forum, this is specifically for member to member transactions" would have sufficed. I think I was just still kinda pissed about the whole thing.

Sorry for what I said.

[L]imey;1041339835 said:
Perhaps I read too much into it and was being too sensitive. A simple "wrong forum, this is specifically for member to member transactions" would have sufficed. I think I was just still kinda pissed about the whole thing.

Sorry for what I said.

No offense but the rules are posted at the top......

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1423782

No offense but the rules are posted at the top......

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1423782

Yes, thank you, that had already been pointed out to me. I was more addressing the abrasive nature of the post. Kiler and I have let it go, I stated I was in the wrong.

For anyone who cares, the parts showed up anyway despite the tracking being borked and the CSR telling me we needed a claim. Made my day yesterday when I was home sleeping off a cold.

Trying to get ahold of Newegg now to cancel the claim

[L]imey;1041341598 said:
Yes, thank you, that had already been pointed out to me. I was more addressing the abrasive nature of the post. Kiler and I have let it go, I stated I was in the wrong.

For anyone who cares, the parts showed up anyway despite the tracking being borked and the CSR telling me we needed a claim. Made my day yesterday when I was home sleeping off a cold.

Trying to get ahold of Newegg now to cancel the claim

I'm really glad things worked out for you. I definitely related to your first post and how Newegg seemed to have no idea what was going. If a retailer takes my money, I expect them to know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back