Newegg Gigabyte B3s are refurbished?

Newegg might be doing replacements with refurbs.

I got the letter in the OP from newegg. I opted for Advanced Return option B and they sent me the receipt order for GA-P67A-UD3-B3 P67 R. I looked that up on the Gigabyte website and I don't see a model GA-P67A-UD3-B3 P67 *R*. Wonder what the "R" is? Returned? Refurbished? I clicked on the link and it said item was deactivated. Now its sending me to a page for the GA-P67A-UD3-B3 P67.

I just looked at their open box selection and all of them have "R" at the end of the Item #. I feel pretty outraged because I'm pretty sure this naming convention is stating that I will be receiving a refurb.

EDIT:

Reading further into the email:

RMA Summary:

RMA Number:
RMA Type:
Repair

Pretty clear to me what just happened. Well I guess I have to get them to catch it because I don't want to waste any more time or money.

Have you asked them? I'll be upset if I receive refurbished one.

Have you asked them? I'll be upset if I receive refurbished one.

I just did. They told me that "repair" refers to them "repairing" my condition and assured me it would not be a refurb. Take that for what its worth.

As for me, I told them to cancel mine. I run a loving bath in my room so I won't ESD the thing. Maybe I'm obsessed? Anywhoo, good luck with your RMA's.

They said I have 90 days from the invoice and I see that TigerDirect has them in stock.

I returned mine to Amazon and just bought a new one from Newegg. That way I avoided any questions though I don't have a Gigabyte.

Last edited:
I received my replacement board from Gigabyte this morning (UD4, advanced RMA), and the board is new. So, I don't see why Newegg would send you a refurbished board.

I would be pissed to B-Jesus if they sent me a refurb. Those turkeys.

They better not try to pull something like that, if they do, I'll have to smack cold upside their heads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-43xEPghg

airplane_jive.jpg

no way they would send out replacements, its bad enough they had to recall them, what they want to recall them again :rolleyes:

Probably using that to designate that you received it after the recall so it resets your return period & you dont get bones by the fact that your invoice shows it being older then it really is.

Back