NewEgg Customer Service

DoggyDaddi

Gawd
Just wanted to put this out for folks...

I made a few purchases over @ the Egg a couple days ago, upgrading my system... used a few of the 'Hot Deals' here. I used a few of the codes here as well. Anyways, for some reason, several of my codes dropped off at teh final charge point of my order. I used the online chat option with NewEgg staffers, and they refunded the amount without any kind of trouble or problems.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Egger staff has their act together, and if you simply TALK to them about a problem, rather then going ape on em, they always seem to be willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

While I absolutely DESPISE MIRs... Egg has me coming back over and over for their absolute KICKASS prices and customer service that has always been 2nd to none for me.

Kudos NewEgg..

Signed... another loyal customer

I ordered a hard drive several months ago and then saw a few days later that newegg had lowered their price the same amount ($20). I chatted them up and they credited my account for $20. This is how a company survives a bad economy.

I ordered a hard drive several months ago and then saw a few days later that newegg had lowered their price the same amount ($20). I chatted them up and they credited my account for $20. This is how a company survives a bad economy.

Same thing happened to me with a video card. They of course credited me back the difference! It's good to know that with computer parts that fluctuate rapidly in price that they offer this kind of service.

I wish more companies operated like newegg. Here's to hoping that the egg will not be bought out or corrupted as it grows!

i order a hitachi hard drive a while back. i wasnt ready to put my system together and turns out it was a dead and they replaced it. customer service was a little snippy with me but they have been good to me. they are still slow shipping to texas at least to me.

Bah, I got boned on a restock fee on a defective item, and they wouldn't let it ride. I'm done with them, and its a shame too, as they obviously have no concern for the $7500.00 + I've spent with them over the last 4 years.

They used to be much better than they are today, and honestly, I don't mind telling people to steer clear anymore. Considering their pricing is also coming up way short, I'm saddened that what used to be the greatest internet retailer out there as become.

Sad.

you are in the minority. altho i have never had to use their cs, and am not thrilled about their return policy, their prices are ok and shipping (except for hd packaging) is the best. sometimes it seems like their policy on what can be returned or refunded is completely random.

you are in the minority. altho i have never had to use their cs, and am not thrilled about their return policy, their prices are ok and shipping (except for hd packaging) is the best. sometimes it seems like their policy on what can be returned or refunded is completely random.

I was thrilled with them, until I got a bad part, and was asked to eat a 150.00 restocking fee on a $300.00 item.

When that happens to you, you'll change your tune.

50% restocking does seem a tad high. i think i have seen 15% and 25%, but havent run into 50 yet. when you bought the item did it state that there would be a 50% restocking fee? i think that would have red-lighted the transaction for me right there.

I was thrilled with them, until I got a bad part, and was asked to eat a 150.00 restocking fee on a $300.00 item.

When that happens to you, you'll change your tune.

I don't believe that. Neweggs restocking fee is %15. There is no way the fee would be $150 if the price was $300. Plus if it were defective there is no restocking fee since you can do a return or replacement.

I quite frankly don't care if you believe it or not. It happened, and I went around and around with the CSRs, managers and such over there. Look, as I said, I used to go to Newegg and buy, no questions asked, prices were competitive, great shipping etc. Then suddenly, the pricing over there isn't as good as it used to be..

Oh well, I say to myself, they've always taken care of me, then, well, I buy a $300+ Gfx card for my new rig, and take delivery. Well, the item comes in, install it, its borked beyond belief.

So, I follow the RMA process, ship the card back , get a notification its received and I also get notified that the restocking fee for this item is $150.00 bucks. So, I call, go round and round with the CSRs, and finally, after tens of calls, I decide, you know what, this isn't worth the trouble.

I received the card back, and now I am going through the RMA process with ASUS. I am not paying a 50% restocking fee. Furthermore, I'm done with Newegg. I've spent literally thousands of dollars for PC components with them over the last 5 years. I can overlook an incident that's an error, however, I am not going to sit there and make calls on my time, argue with CSRs and managers over a restocking fee on a defective item and a restocking fee of such magnitude.

Furthermore, I'm going to make sure that everyone knows how Newegg treats customers, even those that have excessively (lol) utilized their services over the years.

From now on, I'm going to my local Microcenter and being finished with it.

couldn't agree more OP.

I ordered a netbook for a friend a month ago... got a good deal on it with a coupon. When it arrived it had linux installed, but the order page said XP (or so I thought... the laptops NEVER came with windows pre-installed... only linux). I called customer service and explained the problem and they told me they'd send a free copy of XP home for the issue. After a few mins on hold, she informed me that they had none in stock and would credit my CC $49.99 instead... I <3 newegg

Thread starter, how much did Newegg pay you to write that? :p

I haven't had any problems w/ Newegg, so I haven't had to contact their customer service dept. yet. And hopefully I won't have to. :cool:

Thread starter, how much did Newegg pay you to write that? :p

I haven't had any problems w/ Newegg, so I haven't had to contact their customer service dept. yet. And hopefully I won't have to. :cool:

Pray that you don't. It's all good when it comes to you defect free. When you start getting items that aren't , well, that's when the trouble started for me.

Newegg is usually the first place I look for items, but they aren't as cheap as they used to be. What I like the least is that their shipping options and prices have continually gotten worse since they first came into being. They used to have free shipping through FedEx 3day on almost everything I bought. Then it went to free on some items. Then they started using UPS instead with slower service. Then they started using DHL instead with even slower service. To top it off, most of their free shipping now is only on high-visibility items.

Their customer service is usually pretty good though. That's the main reason I use Newegg. I know if I have a problem with an item I'm not going to get a run-around.

Pray that you don't. It's all good when it comes to you defect free. When you start getting items that aren't , well, that's when the trouble started for me.

I think you should elaborate on this, because something doesn't seem right.

I ordered something last month and when it got here i realized it was the wrong one.

I did a chat with the CSR and he said to just decline the shipment and it would save me the cost of shipping it back. when I told him i already opened one he promptly set up an RMA and there was no restock fee

I give them a thumbs up.

I've been finding increasingly competitive prices on parts at Amazon. I'm a prime member (cause I reads books very oftens) and once you commit to that their shipping is great lol. I ordered some OEM harddrives too and they were packed perfectly. Their returns process on the couple things I've had to send back have been painless. In one case a replacement part was delivered before i was able to even send back the original.

Wow, that's a horrible experience you had w/ the graphics card. I wonder why you got screwed so badly on it. :confused: It doesn't make sense given their great CSR reputation, but I guess you "won" the lottery by having that long shot nightmare scenario occur w/ them. :(

He did back up at #13.

Yes, but why was the restocking fee $150? Did he throw the box away, or damage something, or not ship back all the parts? If that's the case, then Newegg was within their rights, as written in their return policy, to charge extra for the missing items. Something seems wrong. Usually when someone is deliberately vague about the details, there's more to the story.

I've only had positive experiences with Newegg, so I'd recommend them to anyone. I usually eat the 8% CA tax just because of my personal CSR experience with them.

they're not the cheapest anymore.... but i buy from them often because i know if it says its in stock then its in stock, and i can go about my day and know that my order is going to go through and it will be here in a few days.

their packaging is absolutely terrible now though.... my x58 mobo and cpu were tossed in a box with no packing and a bit of brown paper on top, and my 3 x 2gb ddr3 kit turned in a lightly padded envelope :(

i am starting to use other places, some places like tiger direct have really stepped up their game in these tough times, i ordered a gtx 260 from them a few days ago ( was only 169 bux ) and it was literally shipped out within a few hours. a while back that was unheard of from them :D

Newegg credited me for $15 AND let me keep a wireless card when I called to return it due to it not being Linux friendly.

Ever since then all my purchases that they have in stock go through them.

their packaging is absolutely terrible now though.... my x58 mobo and cpu were tossed in a box with no packing and a bit of brown paper on top, and my 3 x 2gb ddr3 kit turned in a lightly padded envelope :(

What are you talking about ive ordered tons of stuff from them and never gotten brown paper with a computer part...

Ive ordered multiple MOBOs, CPUs. Ram, Hard Drives, wireless cards, Graphics cards, games, a backpack, and many more things I cant remember.

Aside from the backpack, and cases I ordered they come with packing penuts (i have so many peanuts in my basement (not meant to be dirty literal basement...))

Otherwise the backpack came with the brown paper (nothing to be damaged...) and the cases came with the Styrofoam... And the one game I bought was dropped shipped in a padded envelope...

In fact the time I ordered ram it came in a box that was 3" by 4" by 5" (or close to that dimension) there was so much extra room I think I paid more for the peanuts then the ram its self...

I have been using NewEgg for 3 years now and not once have I ever had a problem that they could not handle effectively, and efficiently.

Had 1 incident where the hard drive was DOA called them up had a packing label within 10 minutes was back in the mail within the hour, got the new hard drive 2 days later.

Ive noticed all the people complaining and they leave out a lot of details or aren't clear on what happened. It pisses me off that they go around trying to ruin a companies image because either they fucked up or they had 1 bad experience after using them for 5 years straight with no problems. I'm sorry but if I had been doing business with a company for 5 years I can understand a fuck up after a while... No one is perfect.

Just a rule of thumb call them be considerate, polite and tell them what happened they are a human too. They understand things happen. Its the people that call in and yell their heads off to the CSR that get no where, They won't try and help you if that is the case since there is nothing in it for the company since they know they won't ever see your business again.

I have always had excellent customer service from newegg. They often even honor prices when items go on sale soon after purchase if you contact them.

What are you talking about ive ordered tons of stuff from them and never gotten brown paper with a computer part...

Ive ordered multiple MOBOs, CPUs. Ram, Hard Drives, wireless cards, Graphics cards, games, a backpack, and many more things I cant remember.

Umm... I'm the OP.. and my most of parts arrived today in a big box. It was packed with long sheets of brown packing paper that were roll twisted. My HD was nicely mummified in addictively poppable bubblewrap, and my motherboard was in its retail box safe & sound, as was my G.SKILL DDR2 ram and my Vantec 1394b/eSATA enclosure.

Enough paper was used to keep everything safe, though I will admit my motherboard box must have taken some shakes as its contents were a bit jumbled. I suspect the rolled sheets of paper help to bring shipping weighjt and costs WAY down.

Lord knows there has to be entire regions of landfill sloooowwwwllleeeyyyy breaking down acres & acres of popcorn packing peanuts. That stuff is a menace and did nothing to keep contents from moving around. I prefer the paper, but my favorite is still that foam envelope packaging that when activated conforms to the box contents and fills all the empty space before hardening up.

As for the thread crappers... *shrug*.. when someone claims they were hit with a $150 restocking fee, you know things happened other then implied. Most often, E-tailers hammer the idiots who A) OC'ed the item or handled / installed it improperly and cooked it right after they got it then claimed it was 'BOA' (borked on arrival), B) Have a habit of returning items when they find it later for a better price somewhere else, C) bought an item from someone else used for cheap and are trying to return for refund exchange.

There are lots of other possibilities, but the truth TENDS to put the fault square in the complainers lap.

I think Newegg does just fine.... but then again, I save my receipts, keep all the relevant info, and know how to read and follow directions too >_<

Yes, but why was the restocking fee $150? Did he throw the box away, or damage something, or not ship back all the parts? If that's the case, then Newegg was within their rights, as written in their return policy, to charge extra for the missing items. Something seems wrong. Usually when someone is deliberately vague about the details, there's more to the story.

The shipment was returned as it was received. Everything was repackaged as it was sent out, including the DVI caps, etc. Not one item was missing from the box. (I've been doing this long enough to not throw it out until you are past the warranty/return period. :) )

Moreover, I wasn't attempting to be vague, I was attempting to be brief. I actually hadn't planned on posting anything here (I didn't start the thread), however, when I saw, Newegg Customer Service , I thought I'd check it out. When it started turning into piling on the compliments, I felt compelled to post.

The bottom line is, Newegg screwed up royal in my case. I had to take alot of personal time to attempt to deal with the issue and was unable to solve it to a reasonable satisfaction. Furthermore, after having spent so many hard earned dollars with them over the years, the conclusion of this was quite disappointing. I've recommended Newegg to everyone who was interested in this sort of thing, even before they became the defacto standard for component purchases.

I'm all about recommending and supporting a company that has solid business practices, but in the end, what did it get me? A borked video card, a $150 restocking fee, and a big fat headache.

The moral of the story : Even if you think the retailer you purchase from can do no wrong, caveat emptor.

I'm surprised no one has said Newegg's customer service is "eggcellent". Oh wait, I just did. :p

The shipment was returned as it was received. Everything was repackaged as it was sent out, including the DVI caps, etc. Not one item was missing from the box. (I've been doing this long enough to not throw it out until you are past the warranty/return period. :) )

Moreover, I wasn't attempting to be vague, I was attempting to be brief. I actually hadn't planned on posting anything here (I didn't start the thread), however, when I saw, Newegg Customer Service , I thought I'd check it out. When it started turning into piling on the compliments, I felt compelled to post.

The bottom line is, Newegg screwed up royal in my case. I had to take alot of personal time to attempt to deal with the issue and was unable to solve it to a reasonable satisfaction. Furthermore, after having spent so many hard earned dollars with them over the years, the conclusion of this was quite disappointing. I've recommended Newegg to everyone who was interested in this sort of thing, even before they became the defacto standard for component purchases.

I'm all about recommending and supporting a company that has solid business practices, but in the end, what did it get me? A borked video card, a $150 restocking fee, and a big fat headache.

The moral of the story : Even if you think the retailer you purchase from can do no wrong, caveat emptor.
Not quite unlike winning (or losing?) the newegg equivalent to the internet lottery, make any sense? :p

If what you're saying is true then you have my sympathies. I had a few surprise close calls with their customer service but in the end they always pulled through for me, and so i remain a loyal customer. One of the incidents involved receiving a dead LCD monitor, then receiving a dead replacement, how's that for shitty luck? Both times it took much convincing to get them to replace it, and this was only after the MFR ignored my emails (Acer!). I normally have great luck with my online purchases otherwise...

I always shop around for the best deal. Yesterday I needed to order a power supply; checked 2 day shipping at 3 vendors ZZF $13, Egg $34, Mwave $16. :p

I just double checked the Egg and now it's $37.60 :eek: I guess they're covering the fuel surcharge early...

Most of my exp. with the Egg has been positive except for the last. I ordered over 2 days @ $1000 worth of goods. I used Live search on a case that was listed for $89. I had been contemplating this case for about a week and always $89. I follow the Live Search to Newegg and it comes up to $99. Didn't realize and clicked the order through. I email them about this and they say" Please note that we do not offer any sort of price protection. Due to the constant fluctuation of prices in this industry, the cost of our inventory is changing regularly. Items costs on our website reflect this, as they are adjusted daily. Our product pricing is determined by our Marketing and Purchasing departments collaboratively due to various circumstances. Unfortunately, this information is not passed onto Customer Service, and we are unable to provide information for this particular inquiry. "

They then instead of offering me the $10 back they offer me $10 towards next order. Needles to say the following day the case was back to $89. :(

$10... meh... although I had the same situation, bought something, price dropped $10 the next day, they offered me a $10 code on the next purchase (Which I did end up using... so not a big deal)

And to people bitching about "poor packing"... have any of your items actually been defective because of packing you deemed inadequate?

I've received 3-4 sets of ram in bubble-wrap envelopes and it's always been just fine... I've only had 1 DOA HDD in probably 20+ builds over 5-6 years... 95% of it ordered from newegg...

The only thing that pissed me off was I 2nd-day aired a Mobile Processor (P8600) and they shipped it in a bubble envelope.... proc was fine but box was destroyed... not gonna stop me from ordering anymore from them though...

Most of my exp. with the Egg has been positive except for the last. I ordered over 2 days @ $1000 worth of goods. I used Live search on a case that was listed for $89. I had been contemplating this case for about a week and always $89. I follow the Live Search to Newegg and it comes up to $99. Didn't realize and clicked the order through. I email them about this and they say" Please note that we do not offer any sort of price protection. Due to the constant fluctuation of prices in this industry, the cost of our inventory is changing regularly. Items costs on our website reflect this, as they are adjusted daily. Our product pricing is determined by our Marketing and Purchasing departments collaboratively due to various circumstances. Unfortunately, this information is not passed onto Customer Service, and we are unable to provide information for this particular inquiry. "

They then instead of offering me the $10 back they offer me $10 towards next order. Needles to say the following day the case was back to $89. :(

I think there have been some instances of companies increasing prices when live cashback is used. There is a huge thread on cashback somewhere around here and I seem to recall a lot of people noticing that.

Newegg has allways been good to me as well. I will spend a couple of dollard more to buy from Newegg over almost anywhere else, Petra's and Jab-tech being the only exceptions, based on their customer service. Unless there is a big price difference, Newegg can be pretty expensive with some items.

I had a shipment stolen from my front door after UPS left the box their and the driver signed for it himself. Was about 450 dollar's worth of stuff, and newegg gave me a full refund on it without a problem. I tend to order all my stuff there just because i feel comfortable with their service.

What really scares me now is newegg is putting their logo on the outside of their boxes... so people know it's something of decent value and easy to resell online... =/

Back