NewEgg Costumer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post said That I couldn't get in touch with newegg, but I did.

Ordered a tvtuner card and didn't recieve any accessories with it (breakout box, ect) Well according to the salesrep I ordered a refurbished model, but on the invioce and the product number that invioce gives me it doesn't state anywhere thats it's refurbished. I got fucked :mad:

newegg.JPG

Clicky

Called again, this guy admited that newegg fucked up and sent me the wrong item. he says that they no long carry retail versions of this card and i got a refurb without being aware of it. according to him i can contact ati and get the accessories at no cost. He gave me a phone number, gonna try that now.

EDIT: ATI is closed till monday.

GlobalFear said:
Called again, this guy admited that newegg fucked up and sent me the wrong item. he says that they no long carry retail versions of this card and i got a refurb without being aware of it. according to him i can contact ati and get the accessories at no cost. He gave me a phone number, gonna try that now.

EDIT: ATI is closed till monday.
As much as I like NewEgg, if they admitted it's their problem, I'd get them to take care of it, as in, let you return it (including crediting you the shipping, and no restocking fee) and find somewhere else that carries it. If it's the wrong item, it doesn't carry the same warranty, and if they charged you full price for the new item rather than the refurb one you got, then that isn't fair.

I payed full price. Since its about ten bucks cheaper at the egg, If ati will ship the other stuff at no cost then I'll be happy. If not full refund.

FYI. Any item at newegg that has an "R" at the end of the item number is a refurb.

It's interesting that on your invoice it has it as a refub but on the link you provided it's not. Kinda shady, but at least they admitted it. I agree that they should have offered to just take it back instead of making you do the leg work.

The first girl said it was my fault and that there was nothing she could do. I called back again and asked to speak to the manager, the guy asked me a few questions like what happened the first time, ect. He said he would be able to help me. So he punched some stuff into his computer and told me that they don't carry that item. And that I was accidentaly shipped the wrong item and thier site was not updated. HE offered to take it back but, I asked them if there was any other way to get the accessories. He said that if I called ati I would get it free of charge. If I don't its getting returned.

Mod Edit - There is nothing any of us here can do to resolve vendor issues for you. Ultimately, you and the egg have to have a meeting of the minds and work this out. Good Luck - B.B.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back