Newegg.com "Secret Deals" AKA the real Black Friday stuff

Ugh. Even though I got an order confirmation number after making it through verified by visa, still no e-mail and it's not showing up under "My Account"

It takes few minutes... trust me.

Well finally I got my account page to load it says my intel ssd is processing, going to get this drive and sell the 60gb gksill I get back from newegg.

I was going to get the mushkin ram but I can't find the rebate and without the rebate I can get ram cheaper on buy.com with a giftcard I have. Anyone see it?

I made it through and everything, but not under order status and no email yet.

Should I give it a minute or try again?

Try it again if you want to be charged twice. Give it good couple of minutes. I would be worrying if nothing shows up for 1-2 hours.

WOOT, mine is "Processing" under "My Account". Probably could have held out longer, but I didn't see any other SSD deals. I'll be kicking myself in the ass if I see something better for cheaper in the next few months. Now's a pretty good time, though. I just had a F3 fail on me, so I'm down a drive while it's in RMA, and it was my OS drive so I need to reformat anyway. Combined with what I have now in my 775 rig, and the 8GB of DDR3 I got yesterday, I should be good to go for Sandy Bridge launch.

Try it again if you want to be charged twice. Give it good couple of minutes. I would be worrying if nothing shows up for 1-2 hours.

I went back to make sure it actually said I bought one.

I definitely bought one.. network must be shot in the ass at this pace.

Fucking Newegg screws me again. Took 10+ minutes to check out and the laptop was sold out.

Fucking Newegg screws me again. Took 10+ minutes to check out and the laptop was sold out.

I had what I wanted in my cart and just refreshed when the deal went live to get the items at the price. So far I got the ssd I wanted!

After I clicked hit submit order the next thing I got was problem loading page. Think it went through or should I try again? Its not in my order history and its still in my cart.

I had what I wanted in my cart and just refreshed when the deal went live to get the items at the price. So far I got the ssd I wanted!

That was really smart. I wish I had thought ahead like that. I still got what I wanted to buy, though, so I'm happy :D

Yeah, I wanted the Patriot 16GB microSD. I already had it in my cart before hand. As soon as the price updated, I did a checkout. Website froze up, I got logged out, tried again, froze up, tried again, item sold out! Argh. Oh well, better to get screwed at home than in a cold line infront of a store I guess. :)

Anyway, I found something else I wanted and I think I got it, so not a total loss for me.

After I clicked hit submit order the next thing I got was problem loading page. Think it went through or should I try again? Its not in my order history and its still in my cart.

Yeah, I had mine ready to check out and it 404 and then Page busy'ed me a few times until the Lenovo was sold out. My wife would have liked that for Christmas. Oh well.

Yeah, I had mine ready to check out and it 404 and then Page busy'ed me a few times until the Lenovo was sold out. My wife would have liked that for Christmas. Oh well.

Yeah I dont want to get charged twice so I am afraid to try again idk

Just got in for one of the MSI gtx 470s. Woot Woot. Man their servers must be busy had to try like 5x to get to my shopping cart.

OH and the price updated to $215 about a half hour ago.

Is the SSD worth it? I dont really have the money lol...

It's 1.37 a gb after rebate, that's cheap especially for intel drives, I have personally only seen one drive cheaper the $1/gb gksill 60gb ssd, which I am on my 3rd in 3 weeks. Not too impressed with it.

GO@#$%()! I was all set. ORdered at 1 after. Looks like it went all peachy. But the 'Thank you for ordering' window came up... No order number... No 'ship to' information... And no gross total... Weird.. NEver happened before...

I tried to go back and double-order it only to find out the main item I wanted was out of stock... I'm freakin PISSED!!!! And I order a TON from the egg... I'm FURIOUS! It was a huge item... And I SUCCESSFULLY did it.. Their system fubared it and now I lose... I'm so pissed! Ofcorse no one to answer the phones either... I sent in an email but they won't care... Sorry no record... I still have the window open and have a print out of the information but... Bleh... You know most likely they won't care one bit...

I'm steaming!!!!

UPDATE: half an hour later; I got the payment charged email... Whew. Now I can sleep! Ohhh that was so nice to get... I was so upset. The 'egg' never did that to be before, even during busy hours. But it seems even though the screen went 'wacko', the system in the background was still okdoky! Thank goodness. Hopefully if any of you are stressing out about a similar issue, the same thing will happen to you. All the best. Happy Holidays everyone. Hope you had a nice turkey day. Don't get stupid shopping in the morning. God knows I'm not leaving the house!

Last edited:
It's 1.37 a gb after rebate, that's cheap especially for intel drives, I have personally only seen one drive cheaper the $1/gb gksill 60gb ssd, which I am on my 3rd in 3 weeks. Not too impressed with it.

I currently use a WD6400AAKS Blue, will I notice a huge difference? And how much tweaking will I have to do with the SSD?

Woot! Processing!

I just got the Payment charged e-mail.

Going to sleep now. Will be fun sleeping in today. Last two years, I was out shopping retail, and in '05 and '06 I was working retail. Hope you guys got the deals you wanted as well - site seems to be working again. [H]appy Thanksgiving and goodnight.

I currently use a WD6400AAKS Blue, will I notice a huge difference? And how much tweaking will I have to do with the SSD?

Yes it will be like night and day. If you have win 7 there is no tweaking if you do a fresh install on it.

Yes it will be like night and day. If you have win 7 there is no tweaking if you do a fresh install on it.

I want one but not sure I should buy one lol.

Buying the 470 was already pushing it.

I may wait until spring and grab one.

Isn't a faster one coming out soon anyway or?

Got the Intel SSD. Pay with paypal and things should go smoothly. I still haven't received a confirmation email, but I was able to register for the rebate.

For us unfortunate CA folks (sales tax) the intel drive comes out to $1.51/GB or $1.53/GB if you take the "no wait" rebate option.

Got the Intel SSD. Pay with paypal and things should go smoothly. I still haven't received a confirmation email, but I was able to register for the rebate.

For us unfortunate CA folks (sales tax) the intel drive comes out to $1.51/GB or $1.53/GB if you take the "no wait" rebate option.

For $35 I am going to take the no wait so that way I will know if they are going to skrew me sooner.

HUGE difference. Zero tweaking, though on my laptop with an OCZ Agility I had to manually disable disk defrag. IIRC my desktop with an Intel X25M had it disabled by default.

[L]imey;1036482387 said:
How do you do the instant rebate thing?

Basically they take like $3 or something like that and they send you the rebate in like 1 week instead of 2 to 3 months. So they make more money if you are impatient.

Back