NEWEGG.COM Hot Deals of the Week

SnottyW said:
Isn't that like $120 US?
pfft... albeit its been low but its almost 90 cents so whatever. I can easily go to many stores to see an FX55 3+ times greater than this price. is this price drop global or just newegg's deal?

I owned one for over a year (paid over 1000$) and its the only computer part I've seen to actually go UP in price, not only once but a few times too. even with that exchange rate its a great price

go newegg!

G'ßöö said:
pfft... albeit its been low but its almost 90 cents so whatever. I can easily go to many stores to see an FX55 3+ times greater than this price. is this price drop global or just newegg's deal?

I owned one for over a year (paid over 1000$) and its the only computer part I've seen to actually go UP in price, not only once but a few times too. even with that exchange rate its a great price

go newegg!

Well, I think it's global. It's just that some sites ignore the price drops and just leave the prices really high. That's how some businesses are.. they hope to catch some really big, stupid fish even with a tiny worm.. and there are some stupid customers out there who still buy FX-55's at say, $350 instead of $150. That's exactly why some businesses do that on purpose without lowering the prices. Ebay is worse! I've seen Ebay businesses trying to sell an Opteron 170 for say, $800 buy-it-now.

G'ßöö said:

go newegg!

And here I was feeling bad that the 3700+ SD I bought last xmas at the ncix price of $229 was currently selling for $99usd at the 'egg. :D

The 3700+ that's been running at 2.9ghz, in a box of parts that added up didn't hit $1k.

I'm feeling much better now, thank you. :D

[BRO]Alaskan said:
I see people on E-bay selling used CPU's for more than new ones. The really bad thing is they sell. :(

As a seller, that's why I LOVE Ebay! :D

Seems like Newegg is trying hard to get rid of the overstocked FX-55 before it becomes completely worthless ($80 or less within the next few months). Heh heh...

Anyway, the FX-55 usually sells for around $130 on Ebay.

Back