Newegg.Com - Free 25pk DVD+R Media (after rebate)

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

DEALS OF THE WEEK

27-131-357-01.jpg

Plextor DVD Burner PX-740A/SW-BL - $79.99
$20 Mail-in Rebate!
$59.99 After Discount!

17-132-367-02.jpg

Ridata 4.7GB 8X DVD+R 100PK Cake Box - $36.99
$10 Instant Rebate!
$26.99 After Discount!

17-132-016-02.jpg

Ridata Arita 4.7GB 8X DVD+R 25 Pack Spindle - $23.99
$19 Mail-in Rebate!
$4.99 Instant Rebate!

FREE After Discounts!

83-102-646-01.jpg

ABS Awesome V2 20, Athlon 64 3200+, 512MB DDR, 80GB, nVIDIA GeForce 6150, Windows XP Home - $699.00
17" LCD Monitor - $4.99 with purchase!

ONCE YOU KNOW, YOU NEWEGG. :)

Leave your suggestions for future deals here and we'll try to accommodate your requests. Prices, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Promo codes valid until 1/11//06.

nice. I've been needing some DVDs, got the 100 pack. Cant beat free 3 day shipping either.

Thanks.

The Other said:
dude i don't think he found it... look at his name... :D
LOL good one.

The free (well not really, b/c of tax and shipping) DVD+R deal looks pretty good, but I've heard bad things about Ritek. Can anyone defend Ritek from personal experience?

beowulf7 said:
LOL good one.

The free (well not really, b/c of tax and shipping) DVD+R deal looks pretty good, but I've heard bad things about Ritek. Can anyone defend Ritek from personal experience?

I think a Ritek rep. could prolly do that for you. No one here will I'm guessing...

Though for $5 with shipping you can't go wrong. So what if one out of three is a coaster?

beowulf7 said:
LOL good one.

I've used ONLY Ritek for two years and I've had nothing but great experience (something that I could not say for the other brands that I tried prior to that and that people have given me). I will not buy any other brand . Out of almost 1000 Ritek DVD's (a mix of video and data) that I have burned in the past two years I have less than 10 coasters (and a few of them were my fault...stupid fingerprints).

Just my opinion,
Dpicts

beowulf7 said:
LOL good one.

I dont know if it said Ritek before, but it says Ridata now. Im almost to the bottom of a Ridata 4x spindle. 100 DVDs, no coasters, works well with my NEC 8x burner... Will pick this up...

Pabuchok said:
I dont know if it said Ritek before, but it says Ridata now. Im almost to the bottom of a Ridata 4x spindle. 100 DVDs, no coasters, works well with my NEC 8x burner... Will pick this up...
That's interesting. The Newegg link actually mentions both "Ritek" and "Ridata". Maybe one is the company name and the other is the product name. :confused:

The other thing is that DVD+Rs are not as compatible with set-top DVD players as DVD-Rs. What I need are rewriteable DVD media (either + or -, I don't care). But rarely do I see any good deals on them.

Newegg Webmaster, please give us a good deal on DVD +/- RWs. Thanks!

Ritek and Ridata are the same company... I think one is the company's NAME and one is their BRAND...

Yes, RiData is simply Ritek's own brand of media.

I should also point out that Newegg also has the BenQ DW1655 in stock finally. $51 for the OEM or $55 for the retail. I ordered a retail for myself.

Edit: retail is out of stock. :(

those ridata DVD's are great, i have used about 500 in my plextor 708 burner and only about 5-7 total coasters.

i actually got my last batch of these same blanks yesterday, great price.

xxGriff said:
Nice deal...too bad i don't do Egg anymore.

I wholeheartedly agree. Not only has NewEgg(RottenEgg) proven to me 3 times that
their product quality control sucks but they have also proven to me that while most companies (read Wal-Mart) stand behind their products even if they don't manufacture them, Rotten Egg seems to be of the opinion that if they don't manufacture the product themselves, then they should not be held responsible for its quality or lack thereof.

My beef with them specifically is a Benq 16X DVD RW with Lightscribe that failed within 15 days of its purchase. I had specifically used it for only 1 week when it failed due to calibration errors appearing on my burning software. I have purchased this brand before locally so I had not expected such a problem with purchasing another one from Rotten Egg but after the failure of the device and their claim that they were not responsible for the quality of the products they sell since they do not manufacture them, I was given a refund of the purchase price (minus the shipping of course), therefore I will NEVER do business with the Rotten Egg again.

albert6719 said:
I wholeheartedly agree. Not only has NewEgg(RottenEgg) proven to me 3 times that
their product quality control sucks but they have also proven to me that while most companies (read Wal-Mart) stand behind their products even if they don't manufacture them, Rotten Egg seems to be of the opinion that if they don't manufacture the product themselves, then they should not be held responsible for its quality or lack thereof.

My beef with them specifically is a Benq 16X DVD RW with Lightscribe that failed within 15 days of its purchase. I had specifically used it for only 1 week when it failed due to calibration errors appearing on my burning software. I have purchased this brand before locally so I had not expected such a problem with purchasing another one from Rotten Egg but after the failure of the device and their claim that they were not responsible for the quality of the products they sell since they do not manufacture them, I was given a refund of the purchase price (minus the shipping of course), therefore I will NEVER do business with the Rotten Egg again.

You know you could have returned it to the manufacturer. I don't think ANY storefront will stand behind the "quality" of products they SELL. This isn't a 10k server custom server system you are buying, it's a dvd writer. They did give you a refund right? Imagine if they gave you no warranty. You'd still be out shipping to ship it to the manufacturer for repair, right?

Rob

If you DON'T get any of the combos on the 100v pack, you get free shipping. Scored 100 DVDs for 26.99 4 th3 winzors!!

Robstar said:
You know you could have returned it to the manufacturer. I don't think ANY storefront will stand behind the "quality" of products they SELL. This isn't a 10k server custom server system you are buying, it's a dvd writer. They did give you a refund right? Imagine if they gave you no warranty. You'd still be out shipping to ship it to the manufacturer for repair, right?

Rob
Funny... I RMAed a CD-RW drive 3 days shy of a year after I bought it without so much as a sneeze from newegg.

And I'll give you my perspective, as a former buyer for a store. No store does quality control. In fact, most manufacturers don't like when a store gets overly active in such practices. Newegg has a return policy, which it seems it stood by. It doesn't need to do BenQ's job for them, though.

You know, it would make more sense if you guys had combo deals for Cases and Power supplies together, instead of Cases and CPUs.

c0ex said:
What is going on with the TN warehouse?

Good question. Seems that I never see anything shipped from there, but yet I have to pay sales tax due to it being there. Wouldn't be so bad if it meant I at least get my stuff quicker.

I had a Lite-On 4x DVD burner die on my close to the end of the 1 year warranty. NewEgg replaced it with a 12x burner, since the 4x were no longer being made. I can't complain about service.

GezusK said:
Good question. Seems that I never see anything shipped from there, but yet I have to pay sales tax due to it being there. Wouldn't be so bad if it meant I at least get my stuff quicker.

I had a Lite-On 4x DVD burner die on my close to the end of the 1 year warranty. NewEgg replaced it with a 12x burner, since the 4x were no longer being made. I can't complain about service.
Actually, about half of what I've ordered comes from TN. I get very little from Cali, and most of the rest from Jersey... Which sucks, cuz I have to pay sales tax for that warehouse being here.

If you read the comments, you'll see this one "Great buy for only 500 dollars!"

That's nice glad it's now $699 with the "free" 17" monitor....

I got my 100 pack today...look just like my last set of DVD+Rs, except both the spindle label and each disc have an [RW] logo at the bottom.

I checked them out, sure enough they are marked as "8x DVD+R" and are recognized as such... I'm just confused as to why there is an "RW" (typical ReWritable logo) on the bottom of each disc?

Any ideas? :)

RogerX said:
I got my 100 pack today...look just like my last set of DVD+Rs, except both the spindle label and each disc have an [RW] logo at the bottom.

I checked them out, sure enough they are marked as "8x DVD+R" and are recognized as such... I'm just confused as to why there is an "RW" (typical ReWritable logo) on the bottom of each disc?

Any ideas? :)
Probably printing error when they stamped the media. :confused:

GilmourD said:
Funny... I RMAed a CD-RW drive 3 days shy of a year after I bought it without so much as a sneeze from newegg.

And I'll give you my perspective, as a former buyer for a store. No store does quality control. In fact, most manufacturers don't like when a store gets overly active in such practices. Newegg has a return policy, which it seems it stood by. It doesn't need to do BenQ's job for them, though.
QFT!

beowulf7 said:
Probably printing error when they stamped the media. :confused:
Actually, I've noticed that every piece of DVD+R media I've ever purchased has the RW emblem on it. Never quite knew why... This includes the BenQ labeled discs I have and the Verbatims I just got and everything I've seen in BeastBuy. [shrug]

Nice system for the $$$$. I built my first PC last year and I ordered everything from Newegg.com. The Asus A8N-SLI deluxe board was bad right outta the box and they took care of me ASAP! I had a new one in 2 days! I have bought everything from them now!

Hey how about a combo for the office? Something mid range processor wise small HD (cause you don't need it on a network) around the $299-$399 price range?

GilmourD said:
Actually, I've noticed that every piece of DVD+R media I've ever purchased has the RW emblem on it. Never quite knew why... This includes the BenQ labeled discs I have and the Verbatims I just got and everything I've seen in BeastBuy. [shrug]
Hmm, that's odd. I've never bought +Rs before since I figure -Rs are more compatible w/ set-top DVD players (my burner, like most burners these days, support both formats).

beowulf7 said:
Hmm, that's odd. I've never bought +Rs before since I figure -Rs are more compatible w/ set-top DVD players (my burner, like most burners these days, support both formats).
Actually, I read an article on CDFreaks (or CDRLabs, I forget) that DVD+Rs are more compatible with set-tops. The article was on the differences between + and -. However, I also get the +Rs cuz I have a BenQ DW1620, and BenQs tend to have better writing strategies for +R.

GilmourD said:
Actually, I read an article on CDFreaks (or CDRLabs, I forget) that DVD+Rs are more compatible with set-tops. The article was on the differences between + and -. However, I also get the +Rs cuz I have a BenQ DW1620, and BenQs tend to have better writing strategies for +R.
Really?! That's weird; I could've sworn I read the opposite. I do know that DVD+Rs are incompatible w/ my roommate's RCA TV/DVD combo device, but DVD-Rs work just fine. I didn't base my comment on that single experience, though, b/c I'm pretty sure at one point, I read that -Rs are more compatible w/ stand-alone DVD players than +Rs. But that was a while ago and maybe the opposite is now true, according to what you said you read on CDFreaks/CDRLabs.

beowulf7 said:
Really?! That's weird; I could've sworn I read the opposite. I do know that DVD+Rs are incompatible w/ my roommate's RCA TV/DVD combo device, but DVD-Rs work just fine. I didn't base my comment on that single experience, though, b/c I'm pretty sure at one point, I read that -Rs are more compatible w/ stand-alone DVD players than +Rs. But that was a while ago and maybe the opposite is now true, according to what you said you read on CDFreaks/CDRLabs.
It could also be burner dependent... And my memory could well be faulty. I just remember that was a big reason I went with the BenQ DW1620 and DVD+R for myself. Now my brother's got a DW1655 w/ LightScribe. I haven't had any problems with anything I've burned, but I don't have an RCA set-top... Actually, I forget the 2 set-tops I have, but i know discs I've burned work in PS2.

GilmourD said:
It could also be burner dependent... And my memory could well be faulty. I just remember that was a big reason I went with the BenQ DW1620 and DVD+R for myself. Now my brother's got a DW1655 w/ LightScribe. I haven't had any problems with anything I've burned, but I don't have an RCA set-top... Actually, I forget the 2 set-tops I have, but i know discs I've burned work in PS2.
Yeah, it could be a burner thing as well. I have an NEC burner (3540 model) and have only tried DVD-Rs and it works well. My roommate had whatever DVD+R burner comes w/ HP laptops, but he recently got an external Plextor burner and uses DVD-R discs.

I'm willing to use either RW (either + or -) since for that purpose, I don't care about set-top players' compatibility. but too bad rewriteable DVDs are still so expensive - or you are forced to buy a large amount, like 25-pack, to get a reasonable per disc $. :mad:

beowulf7 said:
Yeah, it could be a burner thing as well. I have an NEC burner (3540 model) and have only tried DVD-Rs and it works well. My roommate had whatever DVD+R burner comes w/ HP laptops, but he recently got an external Plextor burner and uses DVD-R discs.

I'm willing to use either RW (either + or -) since for that purpose, I don't care about set-top players' compatibility. but too bad rewriteable DVDs are still so expensive - or you are forced to buy a large amount, like 25-pack, to get a reasonable per disc $. :mad:
That's why I got these when they were $35 with a free pack of CD-Rs. :) Who needs RWs?

Edit: Forgot link... DOH! http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817507003

GilmourD said:
That's why I got these when they were $35 with a free pack of CD-Rs. :) Who needs RWs?

Edit: Forgot link... DOH! http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817507003

Cool, nice DVD+Rs. I still only have 8X -Rs (usually a bit cheaper than 16X -Rs), but I don't mind waiting the extra few minutes. Yeah, RWs aren't really needed, but I'd like a few of them so that I can temporarily back up my non-multimedia files on a periodic basis in case something happens to my hard drive (knock on wood!). Backing them up on a single-write disc seems like a waste b/c I'd be chucking them after a little while.

Back