Newegg.com Deals 5/27

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

DIAMOND Viper 3870PE4512SB Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
$164.99 - $15.00MIR = $149.99 with free shipping promo code "HARDOCP527FS"
Promo Expires on 5/29/08

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
$159.99 - $50.00IR - $20.00MIR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCP52710" = $79.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/2/08

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
$109.99 - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCP52710" = $99.99 with $5.99 shipping
Promo Expires on 6/2/08

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Thanks for DDR3 deals.
DIAMOND Viper 3870PE4512SB Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
$164.99
Free 3 Business Day Shipping
(Not available in HI, AK and PR)
In Stock
MIR back, NM.

-bZj

any chance you will be getting the GA-P35-DS3L in stock this week ?

Got the NY internet tax e-mail from the egg. Any chance your superiors can grow a pair and resist the NY sales tax like Amazon, eBay, and Dell? Because you just lost thousands of dollars worth of business from me alone.

Please feel free to pass on this information to any higher-ups.

Last edited:
Great deal on the DDR3. I'm going to order two sets to run on a 790i. :)

Nice price on the DDR3.

What's up with the new site style/look?
The "see price in cart" crapola is pretty lame.
Show me the price, and if I like it, I can manage to put it in my own cart thank you very much...

If I have to go through that to find the best price for a product I'll shop elsewhere, I liked the site because the prices where clearly posted with any discounts, rebates and shipping amounts. The "extra" click to see a price is just annoying and extra work for your customers.....IMHO.

Nice price on the DDR3.

Show me the price, and if I like it, I can manage to put it in my own cart thank you very much...

If I have to go through that to find the best price for a product I'll shop elsewhere, I liked the site because the prices where clearly posted with any discounts, rebates and shipping amounts. The "extra" click to see a price is just annoying and extra work for your customers.....IMHO.

2nd

Stop this shit. Your site was and should be the example of how to run a website. Pulling this stunt puts you on par with all the other crappy layouts.

Bad newegg!

Nice price on the DDR3.

Manufacturers can force vendors to abide by certain rules, such as not breaking MAP (minimum advertised price). That's why you see this "add to cart" garbage; the vendor is not ALLOWED to show you the price in a list of search results, like you want! Well, they could do it... but the manufacturer could also say fine, we just aren't shipping you more product. So the vendors play along.

That is probably what is happening here.

We've added this item to your cart to show you our sale price. Manufacturers occasionally suggest that products be advertised at their suggested retail price. When we decide to sell items for less than the suggested price, the sale price can only be shown in your cart.

Quote above from Newegg's site. I know I've heard radio commercials where retailers say they can't legally tell you the price because it's so much lower than the competition however my google and wiki search's haven't turned up anything saying it is illegal.

It is not illegal per sey it is an agreement with the manufacturer who can choose to not make the items available to stores if they violate the agreement.

Quote above from Newegg's site. I know I've heard radio commercials where retailers say they can't legally tell you the price because it's so much lower than the competition however my google and wiki search's haven't turned up anything saying it is illegal.

I just snagged one of these Corsair PSUs. It was a toss up between this and the PCP&C Silencer 610EPS. Opted for this one because there is a slight chance the PCP&C one will come too close to the 5.25" bays in my tower. (it's a good deal longer front-to-back than most PSUs)

Nice price on the DDR3.

Come on, is it really that big of a deal to check the box and click "remove from cart"? Like already stated, some manufacturers prohibit advertising products below a certain amount. Newegg is just honering vendor requests. Just remember, they could eliminate this practice by simply not dropping the price so much. ;)

Come on, is it really that big of a deal to check the box and click "remove from cart"? Like already stated, some manufacturers prohibit advertising products below a certain amount. Newegg is just honering vendor requests. Just remember, they could eliminate this practice by simply not dropping the price so much. ;)

Amazon does it better by making you click to see the lower price w/o having to put it in the shopping cart and then removing it if you don't like the price.

hi there newegg webmaster....just wondering if you could do a deal on this video card:

Palit 9600GT

Zipzoomfly has it for $144.99 with a code they are offering.....thanks!!!

Back