Newegg.com Deals 5/25

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
$139.99 - $20.00 promo code "HARDOCPX525A" = $119.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/31/11

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$169.99 - $20.00IR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPX525B" = $139.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/31/11

Linksys E4200 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless N Router
$179.99 - $20.00IR - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPX525C" = $149.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/31/11

HITACHI Deskstar 7K3000 HDS723020BLA642 (0f12115) 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$119.99 - $20.00 promo code "HARDOCPX525D" = $99.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 5/31/11

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
Dang, hopefully there are some sub-$200 video cards that go on sale before Father's day. :(

Stay away from the Hitachi drive. Just like the 1TB model, this series is riddled with DOA's, controller failures, "click of death" issues... My 1TB Hitachi started "clicking" in less than a month after purchase.... WTH!!!!

Stay away from the Hitachi drive. Just like the 1TB model, this series is riddled with DOA's, controller failures, "click of death" issues... My 1TB Hitachi started "clicking" in less than a month after purchase.... WTH!!!!

I've been looking for a new hard drive lately, and I'll be honest: It seems like EVERY hard drive series is full of failures.

I've been looking for a new hard drive lately, and I'll be honest: It seems like EVERY hard drive series is full of failures.

I just was looking at the Seagate Barracuda Green (2TB) on sale today via Newegg mailer; I haven't heard much about them but they appear to have a good rating on the Egg.

Good deal on the router, although the Netgear WNDR3700 is pretty close in features and I managed to get it for $117 earlier this year.

I just was looking at the Seagate Barracuda Green (2TB) on sale today via Newegg mailer; I haven't heard much about them but they appear to have a good rating on the Egg.

If I remember right, its the 750 and 1TB seagates that had... issues... The newer ones are just as reliable as any other drive out there now.

All company's can have a bad batch... but if they don't fix them then they wouldn't stay in business;)

If I remember right, its the 750 and 1TB seagates that had... issues... The newer ones are just as reliable as any other drive out there now.

All company's can have a bad batch... but if they don't fix them then they wouldn't stay in business;)

My main issue seems to be I'm either stuck with slow drives or dead drives. I don't have the moolah for an SSD yet, but my 750gb drive is nearly full. I want 1.5TB or more for everyday use. Every 'fast' drive I look at seems to have stories of DOA, every 'green' drive is 'slow'.

Seems like when I was younger I'd save up and head to the nearest electronics store, but a disk, and not think twice. Now I feel like I'm gambling on whatever I get.

It's a shame, because if it weren't for these reports of utter failure, I'd jump on the Hitachi drive.

Dang, hopefully there are some sub-$200 video cards that go on sale before Father's day. :(

I agree, would like to see the $200 - $300 cards go on sale before then. Nice price on the Linksys, wish this deal had been around awhile back.

If there are any other products you'd like to see deals on, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all your support!

Last edited:
Video cards and SSDs and Corsair cases.

Looking for a AMD 6950 or a Nvidia 560 Ti. Also looking for a 120gig ssd.

Also looking at the Corsair 650d.

Video cards and SSDs and Corsair cases.

Looking for a AMD 6950 or a Nvidia 560 Ti. Also looking for a 120gig ssd.

Also looking at the Corsair 650d.

I second the 6950, especially the 2gb reference ones.

And please make shipping free :)

If there are any other products you'd like to see deals on, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for all your support!
Corsair HX1000W or AX1200W, or any other quality 1000W+ PSU. I can't find a deal on these anywhere. The first retailer that has a decent deal on them will get my purchase, along with many others' I'm assuming.

Also, Corsair 650D :D

How about 2TB WD Caviar Black drives? :)

This. I'm dying for a decent price on a solid large HDD. I'm tired of spotting what looks like a good deal, only to see a bajillion "These things have the survival rate of snowballs in Hell" feedbacks.

Dang, good deal on the E4200 but I dont' get paid till 31st and my local Staples has it for $160 till the 4th. Need to replace my now defunkt Dlink 4300 with something good

I have 3 of these 2TB drives and my brother has 2. No Failures yet and our systems are on 24/7. YMMV of course. To me they have been good reliable drives. It seems from the reviews a lot of them are either great or DOA. Gotta wonder about shipping.

If you order multiple drives, sometimes newegg will just cut the original pink foam carton packaging and ship the drives in that wrapped in bubble wrap. They did this when I placed my first order of 3 (two for my brother and one for me at the time).

Fast drives too.

Back