Newegg and shipping

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
I remember about two years ago Newegg was awsome with shipping. I've ordered things on a Saturday and received them on a Tuesday. Well They have gone down the sh&^%er in my book. I ordered a case that came with a chair and a PSU on Wednesday. The psu wont be here till Monday and the chair and case wont be here till Tuesday. The funny thing is the case and chair are getting refused so they can go back. Friday Frys had the case for $70 cheaper. So that free chair I got with the case technically was a $70 chair. Its just aggrivating I can't use my new build because the old school 500watt psu I have wont power everything in my new build. And they drug their feet two days before my stuff was shipped. Its also all coming in seperate shipments, but was all ordered on the same invoice.

I don't know if they have changed management there or what, but they used to be much better at things with processing orders and getting your items too you. Reviews for products used to always say great 2-3 day shipping newwegg you rock. Now there isn't even a mention on the shipping time anymore. :confused: That just lets me know that they aren't what they used to be.

I think it may be time to find another dealer to purchase from. Newegg process's and ships your orders like a snail. Tiger doesn't send you what you order. I ordered once from chiefvalue but their prices have been ubber high the last time I looked so I haven't even bothered with looking there anymore. Anyone have any suggestions on other good computer hardware places to check out?

i have never had what you are dealing with.

for me, newegg shipping is insanely good. everything i order gets here overnight (from the NJ warehouse), or 2 days from anywhere in the US.

also, my order goes through immedately (even without rush ordering).

i guess it depends on where you are located.

anyway, other palces for computer hardware is geeks.com and tigerdirect. however newegg really does have the best deals.

TG has some good combos, but they are few and far between.

I haven't really had any major shipping issues with them as of late. The seperate shipping can inprove the speed at which you get items. Amazon has done this for years. They will ship the order from various places to help you get it faster. And yes tiger direct sucks.

If Newegg can't make you happy you're hopeless..

I wouldn't go that far. I've had shipping issues with them in the past and since they favor ups the fedex shipping is generaly more where other places had it at the same rate or sometimes cheaper.

Also they have yet to learn how to pack hard drives which has caused me issues in the past.

i have never had what you are dealing with.

for me, newegg shipping is insanely good. everything i order gets here overnight (from the NJ warehouse), or 2 days from anywhere in the US.

also, my order goes through immedately (even without rush ordering).

i guess it depends on where you are located.

anyway, other palces for computer hardware is geeks.com and tigerdirect. however newegg really does have the best deals.

TG has some good combos, but they are few and far between.
I still live in the same city I've always lived in FT. Worth. So I don't get what the hold up has been. It also sucks they wouldn't make a simple phone call to ups and have the packages rerouted on Friday. I have to wait till they deliver refuse them and then wait till newegg gets them back before I get my money back. So I'll probably miss out on the deal for the Zotec (sp) 8800gts 512 g92 over on the hotdeals forum.
It would be nice if they would at least once they can see they have been refused to refund my money so I'll have to wait all week and still may not get the money back till mid week after this one.

I wouldn't go that far. I've had shipping issues with them in the past and since they favor ups the fedex shipping is generaly more where other places had it at the same rate or sometimes cheaper.

Also they have yet to learn how to pack hard drives which has caused me issues in the past.
LOL Let me tell you some shipping company storys.
The last time I ordered from newegg was for some Samsung DVD burners. Ups liked to leave these by the street over my fence. Well I had 5 full size dogs. Anyone want to guess? Claim after claim and rma after rma (Also lemme tell you that Samsung can't fix drives to save their a$$) The drives I did get back from RMA that werent' attacked by my dogs either wouldn't read, wouldn't eject all the way, would eject but not pull the tray back in, would burn cdr's but not dvds (amazingly I have another one that started doing this now after 4 years). This whole rma ups neglect lasted 3 months till I got two drives that actually worked which like I stated one is screwed up now after about 4 years.

Then you have fedex. They don't knock on your door they just take the package back to the warehouse so you have to pick it up. They are expensive and slow.

Oh yea DHL awsome group of tools I ordered a phone from AT&T a couple weeks ago. Shipped from FT. Worth (mind you this is where I live and there is also a distribution/hub also located here on Beach street and I820 (not that you guys have a clue what I'm talking about) which is maybe 20 minutes from me) Dhl shipped it 3.5 hours south to Waco, TX to the hub there all to ship it back to the one at Beach and I820. It was shipped 2nd day which was on Friday. Well their terms on 2nd day are QUARANTEED 2nd business day. Well hmm ok ok wake up use the ol brain and um er yea that would be Monday. Well Tuesday I'm home at lunch looking at the tracking because On Friday it said it would be delivered Tuesday Ok well I'm refreshing it while I'm eating I'm not there 15 minutes and it says delivered. I go look and sure enough sitting outside the door with no knock on the door.

I'm Pro USPS They are cheaper and hell priority is 2-3 day they have flat rate shipping boxes and I have never had a problem with any packages from them. They leave a pickup slip for items even if they aren't delivery conf or signature conf so if you aren't home you have to go pick them up. They hardly are dented and banged up unlike what you get back from UPS.

I think Retail sites online should give you a choice of all the major shipping company's they all pick items up where you don't have to take them to get them shipped. I just don't understand.

as for newegg shipping hard drives, i prefer them over zipzoomflys idea of hard drive shipping.

ordered a 500gb and a 320gb hard drive from them on a monday, they didnt ship till the next monday, and didnt get here till that friday after they shipped.

got the drives, took me a week to get the rest of the stuff i needed to build the computers, just to find Both hard drives (one WD one seagate) are making noises and not stable!

went to zipzoomfly to do an RMA, and they have a 15 day rma window!!! so, im stuck with both drives!

going to send the 500gb to seagate, and attempt to send the WD to WD!

in this case its Newegg FTW and zipzoomfly FTL....first time i ordered from ZZF too! :(

as for newegg shipping hard drives, i prefer them over zipzoomflys idea of hard drive shipping.

ordered a 500gb and a 320gb hard drive from them on a monday, they didnt ship till the next monday, and didnt get here till that friday after they shipped.

got the drives, took me a week to get the rest of the stuff i needed to build the computers, just to find Both hard drives (one WD one seagate) are making noises and not stable!

went to zipzoomfly to do an RMA, and they have a 15 day rma window!!! so, im stuck with both drives!

going to send the 500gb to seagate, and attempt to send the WD to WD!

in this case its Newegg FTW and zipzoomfly FTL....first time i ordered from ZZF too! :(
Interesting. I was looking at some of there deals on gpus this weekend too for when ever I get my money back from the egg

Gotta agree with the OP Newegg shipping has gone downhill.
2 Years ago or more rarely had any problems, last year and half
I rarely get a package on time. 3 day always seems to take 5 days.
Only way I seem to get a package on time is overnighting but then
shipping costs defeat the good deal.

Gotta agree with the OP Newegg shipping has gone downhill.
2 Years ago or more rarely had any problems, last year and half
I rarely get a package on time. 3 day always seems to take 5 days.
Only way I seem to get a package on time is overnighting but then
shipping costs defeat the good deal.
Exactly. And to pay $3.00 for service (rushed order) you should receive anyway is insane. There marketing dept needs to get ahold of that little tid bit of crap. How do you strive to be the best? Sit on your a$$ and stare at the orders coming in untill someone pays an extra 3 bucks to get you off your a$$ to get something done. Its something that should come with each and every order its about good business its how you keep the good record of having fast shipping. Dont sit on things for two days then ship them. Honestly I order something before 5pm I want it out that day. And it should be out that day. Its good business and its how I would do it if I was running things. I want customers to keep coming back and spreading the word about my business. If you don't keep the customers happy who can you keep happy?

Oh yea and have I mentioned I love my El Diablo case I'm sending back to the egg because I found it 70 bucks cheaper locally at Fry's

The thing is i think that UPS and Fedex both run at around 12:30-1PM PST (neweggs time), so they cant ship things ordered after that the same day.

I know that if i order something in the morning, it will ship that day. For instance, i ordered 2 complete rigs minus 1 hdd, and the cases, and it all shipped next day, via the TN warehouse (which supprised me!) and i had it the next day! (im in KY so keep that in mind).

Every once in awhile newegg gets sluggish with me, but not enough for me to stop buying from them!

I can tell you I don't spend the money I used to there. The prices don't seem as good, the shipping costs more, and it's slower. Yes, it used to be like 2 or 3 days even over a weekend and you had your stuff. Now its 2 or 3 days for it to ship. I've been a customer there for prob a good 7 years.

All shipping has slowed down alot over the last few weeks. Weekendsm UPS/Fedex etc don't move your package unless they already have a full truck to move, you order on Wed, you should get my monday/tuesday pending what time you ordered at

Meh, atleast you are not paying internet tax.

Don't cry over shipping costs!
No one is really crying over shipping costs. Bitching about newegg slacking mainly. Everyone pays internet tax to an extent anyway. Nothing is free anymore.

well I ordered a ea500 on tuesday and haven't got it yet.I live in ohio so I am pretty close the egg location.I will see tho if I get it on monday or next friday.

If you're looking at the tracking numbers emailed to you by Newegg, are they coming from two different locations? Not sure when you made your last order from Newegg, but they have more than one warehouse now, so the items you purchased may be in stock at one warehouse but not the other. So you get two shipments from two different warehouses.

As far as refusing the package because Fry's sells it cheaper, why not call Newegg customer service to see what they can do for you. Even if shipping is slower these days, their customer service is usually great and helpful.

If you're looking at the tracking numbers emailed to you by Newegg, are they coming from two different locations? Not sure when you made your last order from Newegg, but they have more than one warehouse now, so the items you purchased may be in stock at one warehouse but not the other. So you get two shipments from two different warehouses.

As far as refusing the package because Fry's sells it cheaper, why not call Newegg customer service to see what they can do for you. Even if shipping is slower these days, their customer service is usually great and helpful.
Refusing the package is what I was told to do by customer service. She told me they don't match prices and that they wouldn't call ups to reroute the package back to them. Actually she was rather rude. She sounded like she didn't want to be working Friday or it was too early in the morning for her or something.

the thing I'm more concerned with is how better deals are commonly found on other place besides newegg.

I buy my videocards, processors, and motherboards from other places. They seem to have better deals.

i think you guys are crazy, in the past two years i haven't had one problem with newegg shipping.

Wait OP you ordered something Wednesday, and your upset because it wont be there until Monday? You realize thats three days right? You cant expect them to run down and find all o the boxes you ordered and take it personally to the UPS DC. They have to fill the orders in the order they are ordered, load them onto a semi to take them to UPS. For me at least it will normally say its going to get here on one day but shows up the day before anyhow.

Anyhow its Wednesday what days did they show up?

Meh, atleast you are not paying internet tax.

Don't cry over shipping costs!

I live in NJ so I have to pay tax with Newegg :(

Ontop of that my nice $1000 order with them with rush processing has been at step 3 for 4 goddamn days now. It's all in stock but not even boxed up to be shipped. Newegg you are letting me down :mad:

I ordered my videocard from TD(even though I hate em). When videocard prices plummeted a few days later $70 they credited it back to me. Newegg won't do that unless it hasn't shipped yet. I had my card from TD in one day with standard shipping.

Little Jab-tech got me my stuff today...even no name provantage sent out my PSU and I received it immediately. Newegg used to be super cheap and fast for me...now it's sad I had to spend the other $1000 at other places instead of giving it to them.

You really can't blame newegg. For example...I ordered two items from the egg on the same day (just this last week actually). One in the morning and one just before 5 pm. They both got shipped from the same warehouse on the same day. The one that was ordered later in the day got here a day earlier. It all depends upon how UPS or FedEx feels they want to ship it. Even more funny, the one in the afternoon was a much bigger box as well.

I would call the egg, I've had an order stuck for awhile via their 'my account' stuff, but it shipped the same day i ordered it. I always get my stuff in 3 days.
Only time i haven't gotten things on time from egg,td, buy etc is when i bought a HD and paid 35 bucks to have it over nighted and UPS fucked up and got it here in 3 days. UPS got a piece of my mind, they tried to pay the difference from next day to 3 day. I told them they could shove that cause if I needed it in 3 days I would of paid for 3 days....... After making the manager cry, I got free shipping and a credit :)

to the op: it is very possible that your items shipped from different warehouses which is why they are not all in a single box, shipping on the same date. Also, I believe "3 day shipping" is a reference to the number of business days starting from the date the item leaves the warehouse to those that complained about waiting a whole 5(!) days. you can find better deals on ebay but god forbid you need to return something, you won t get service like newegg... nor can you expect to receive the average order in 5 days or less.

My last Newegg order was placed Wednesday afternoon and arrived Friday morning, shipped with regular UPS ground.

Newegg process's and ships your orders like a snail.

If I order something that comes from the New Jersey warehouse, I will get it overnight. If it comes from Tennessee, or California, I will get it in 2-3 days. I actually feel as if their shipping is getting BETTER, not worse.

As far as processing goes, I don't call them a snail when I order something on a Friday night at 11pm and it's in step 5 by Saturday night.

Now, if only they didn't have affiliates in NY, I'd be happy :(

Ordered more ram and a new case fan on Sunday. Still hasn't shipped out of the newegg warehouse. I added rush processing too :(

For me they kill me because they never offer free shipping with USPS! Seems like every time I order a package it sits over the weekend. Anywho, they have several warehouses. One takes 4 days to get to me with 3 day shipping every time... The other is next day with 3 day shipping because its only a few hours drive away and UPS (which the recently switched to as primary) isnt quite as lame as Fedex who seem to let my packages sit to make sure they never get to me faster than 3 days.

I ordered a Q6600 and a USB card reader last Thursday during the day. It's Wednesday and the card reader just arrived, but the Q6600 still isn't here.

This is actually the first time I've gotten screwed by newegg and UPS shipping. Usually they're awesome.

Recently had an experience ordering for my company...ordered at 11AM PST, added rush processing, overnight fedex delivery. I even called a CSR to make sure that it would get out that day (Last Friday). Lo and behold, it didn't ship until Sunday night around 8pm (what kind of a shipping time is that?) and got here Tuesday. Mind you, a day late, but that's a day late after I paid $3.99 for rush processing plus the $32 for overnight sihpping.

Newegg, to their credit, did refund me the overnight shipping costs, so relatively pleased with the service overall - but I'm not sure I'll order from them when I have a business need for speed, which is unfortunate, as I've always trusted them in that regard in the past.

Wow more and more problems with orders and shipping with the egg now.
An update to my orginal gripe. The chair arrived on a monday and the ups driver was told to send it back. He was also told Tuesday there will be two more items. One a large box (the case) the other a small box (the psu) He was told very clearly to refuse the large case and deliver the small box. Well guess what They both went back without him stopping at the house. I got on the horn with ups and they checked with the driver the next day. His words to the super were "I assumed they wanted everything returned."

Well he sure was the "ass" in assumed. So that psu that I ordered was 99-15 online discount-15 promo for a subscriber-30MIR Well newegg didn't get it back and processed until the rebate was supposed to be postmarked. So I got screwed out of 45 bucks because ups are idiots. The super told me they would overnight the next one when I order it, but in the process I've ordered a mge Magnum instead for 38.99 New.

So currently I have a evga 9800gtx ko to be delivered today and tomorrow a acer 22" lcd so we will see what happens with those.

ive had amazing experiences with newegg still to this day. just today i received a gpu 2 days ahead of what i paid for. i got it in ONE day and i ordered 3 day shipping. quite amazing, and eggs customer service continues to be beyond belief. im not interested in reading through the whole thread but if anyone is bashing this amazing company because of one or two problems theyve had... thats sad. if you are a seller on something as simple as ebay or even these forums you will understand how easily S*** suddenly happens and how people bitch to you about it or even give you bad feedback when it was complete beyond your power

HEIL THE EGG

humm.. well i ordered a mobo and case yesterday at 4pm... got here today at 1am, w/ 3 day shipping

i still <3 newegg... no rush processing either.. lol

humm.. well i ordered a mobo and case yesterday at 4pm... got here today at 1am, w/ 3 day shipping

i still <3 newegg... no rush processing either.. lol
This makes me laught. I dunno know why hmmm..:D

Update
Well the 9800 was delivered last night.
The Acer :mad:
Wont be there till Monday now. Yesterday morning it showed shipped and showed the est delivery to be today it showed 2 day shipping. Well I checked last night and it wouldn't even pull up the tracking number.
This morning I checked it and it shows it was shipped 7-2-08 (which is what it told me yesterday morning) but the delivery date now is Monday. So much for hopefully putting this whole thing together this weekend. :mad:
Got a mge magnum coming in today via fedex from clubit a asus m2n32 deluxe wifi from ebay via usps and a cooler master cpu cooler from someone here hopefully today. Zalman has a replacement retention bracket on its way for my cnps9700 for this box because the screw driver tab broke and caused me to slam my screwdriver into my evga 590sli which I'm mailing back for rma today which is what the asus mobo is for so the evga will go in this box to replace the ecs combo board from frys (finally). I've got parts going every which way lol. I just hope I get everything thats coming today since its a long weekend. Well minus the monitor thanks newegg. They were ok on the gpu, but dropped it on the lcd.

I had bad luck few times with their shipping, where instead of 3 days it takes 5-6 days. They used to be better (to me) few years back, but they still kick ass though.

Back