newegg Ad goof

Status
Not open for further replies.

d34dly

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
2,342
Just thought it was funny... but in the newegg halloween ad above...

they are selling an AMD 30000+ for $163.

Just thought it was an amusing little goof. :D
 
d34dly said:
Just thought it was funny... but in the newegg halloween ad above...

they are selling an AMD 30000+ for $163.

Just thought it was an amusing little goof. :D

Wonder how they messed up...
 
The ad I'm seeing mentions a camera, LCD and notebook. No CPUs. :confused:
 
See for yourself Lethal:

NewEggProb.jpg


My add says, Wireless Router, WinXP Media Center Edition, and that processor
 
ComputerBox34 said:
See for yourself Lethal:

NewEggProb.jpg


My add says, Wireless Router, WinXP Media Center Edition, and that processor

what board goes with that? i'm thinking an nforce500 with ddr2000. am i wrong?
 
They're advertising that at that price cause that's what they're selling it at...why are you ppl suprised? Is it a hot deal or a bad deal??? I'm an Intel guy myself so I wouldn't know...

THANX
C'YA :cool:

EDIT: I can get it cheaper elsewhere as usual :rolleyes:
 
Metallica_Band said:
TIs it a hot deal or a bad deal???
Considering it's the perf. rating equivalent of a 30GHz P4, I'd love to see your "found it cheaper" link :p
 
lomn75 said:
Considering it's the perf. rating equivalent of a 30GHz P4, I'd love to see your "found it cheaper" link :p


I want that 30GHz P4 you are refering to :eek:
 
lomn75 said:
Considering it's the perf. rating equivalent of a 30GHz P4, I'd love to see your "found it cheaper" link :p
OEM
1 - $151.00 - FREE s/h - RR = 8.41
2 - $157.00 - FREE s/h - RR = 8.52

Retail
1 - $158.00 - FREE s/h - RR = 6.53 - (normally I wouldn't buy from a 6.x RR rating but since I HAVE bought from them 3 or 4 times I 'd buy from them again...most complaints are for inacurate stock status and kinda slow ground s/h which have no affect on the product itself)
2 - $161.00 - FREE 2nd s/h - RR = 9.07 - (You can also get a FREE 10-pack 48X CD-R media with this CPU)


And what's stoopid is NE is selling the SAME CPU at the SAME price but for their OEM version...ummm...shouldn't OEM products be a bit CHEAPER than your retail products??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THANX
C'YA :cool:

P.S.: I'm not TOTALLY dissing NE...every once in a while I might find a decent price...but their only a few bux under the lowest, decent RR rating reseller...and once in a blue moon I might find something from them worth buying that's the cheapest anywhere...in THAT case I'd buy from them...NE is SO overrated IMHO...
 
The ad says AMD 30000+ not AMD 3000+.

extra 0 there.
 
:eek: :eek: ok so I'm going blind so sue me...(mumble) damn eyes (grumble)...
/slams door never to return

EDIT: wait a sec...there IS no 30000 :confused:
EDIT 2: Ok I get it now...staying up ALL NIGHT with no sleep makes my brain/eyes a little slow...the AD may say 30000 BUT the page that the ad links to doesn't...that doesn't change the fact that you can't get the 3000 cheaper elsewhere
 
Metallica_Band said:
They're advertising that at that price cause that's what they're selling it at...why are you ppl suprised? Is it a hot deal or a bad deal??? I'm an Intel guy myself so I wouldn't know...

THANX
C'YA :cool:

EDIT: I can get it cheaper elsewhere as usual :rolleyes:
You are totally missing the fact they are advertising a 30,000 +

Not 3000.
 
Mwarhead said:
You are totally missing the fact they are advertising a 30,000 +
Not 3000.
Yeah I know...I stated that in edit 2 of the 14th post...lol...silly me...I need some sleep...

/NE still 95% sux IMO;)
 
^^^

Well you DID post it in Digital Artwerk...and Kyle saw it before another admin/mod did...maybe he thought you should've known better...who knows...don't question the almighty Kyle's actions...
THANX
C'YA :cool:

/suck up
 
Metallica_Band said:
EDIT 2: Ok I get it now...staying up ALL NIGHT with no sleep makes my brain/eyes a little slow...the AD may say 30000 BUT the page that the ad links to doesn't...that doesn't change the fact that you can't get the 3000 cheaper elsewhere

:D
I thought that was a natural state for us geeks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top