Newegg + 4870 = 4850?!?

Sako

n00b
I ordered a HIS Hightech 4870 512MB GPU and other equipment on 1/21/2009 from newegg. The packages arrived 1/23/2009. Fast shipping, but wrong card! They sent me the discontinued HIS Hightech 4850 512MB GPU (H485F512P). I called them and they RMAed it for free and had me order another H487F512P. Now I have 2x $199.99 charges on my card. The package just arrived today. Guess what it is another H485F512P! Yay, wrong graphics card AGAIN! I called them and they want me to RMA this card and wait for the RMA (4-7 days) before they will attempt to send me the correct card ( H487F512P ). I asked about a faster means and they said I could order another one.... i.e. 3x199.99 charges on my card. I asked for a manager and they put me on hold for 30 minutes. The service rep told me all the managers are busy and they will call me back. It has been 1 hour and I haven't been called back. This is the worst experience I have had with newegg. I just want to finish building my computer!

Card I Want
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161236

Card I Keep Getting
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161235

I just got off the phone with newegg ( I had to call them again ) and we worked out a deal. They are going to upgrade the card to a 4870 1GB, pay for over night delivery and refund me $50. The manager I spoke with was nice and as long as I get the correct card this time I will be happy.

Newegg is just a company that gets it. They recognize that they made an error and compensate you for the inconvenience. The world would be happier place if everyone's customer service was run like Newegg.

whats the name of the person you talked to? i got royally screwed on a case 2 weeks ago.

I just got off the phone with newegg ( I had to call them again ) and we worked out a deal. They are going to upgrade the card to a 4870 1GB, pay for over night delivery and refund me $50. The manager I spoke with was nice and as long as I get the correct card this time I will be happy.
Just like my mother always said, keep bitching and bitching until they give you something for free.

Or, $50 is just as good.

Nice. Newegg=Best CS online for computer parts imho.

Newegg is simply the best. They always make sure the customer is completely satisfied.

I would give them a +1 if they had shipped yesterday, but it looks like to them over night means 2 day. Now I get to wait till Friday. Which really sucks, because I have to leave for a business trip this weekend and wont be back until next Thursday.

The guy I talked to was Peter. He said he was the only Peter there. He was supposed to respond to my email, but hasn't yet.

So at the moment I have 2x199.99 charges (all for 4850's) and 1x$244 (card + overnight shipping) charge on my card. No graphics card till Friday.

Back