Newegg - $30 AR FS - EVGA 01G-P3-1226-LR GeForce GT 220 1GB 128-bit DDR3

UGH MIR. But the price is hot. I hate it how MIR's don't give you cash anymore but prepaid debit cards, so you can't pay bills you have to buy something. That said I think the card is so much better than my 4350 second rig card by guesstimation.

Cool, I'll get this for my file server then.

I used to just demote my ol' video cards to that job, but a 5870 is way overkill for a file server...

UGH MIR. But the price is hot. I hate it how MIR's don't give you cash anymore but prepaid debit cards, so you can't pay bills you have to buy something. That said I think the card is so much better than my 4350 second rig card by guesstimation.
I can't stand the cards either. And, if they're from Citi, you have even more to worry about...

See: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1492519

I always use them to buy fuel. No biggie. I would prefer cash though too, but that's the way the world is going now. Pretty good deal anyways.

I don't mind the debit cards, however I have managed to get two of them that would not work until store clerks called the 800 number on the back of the cards. nothing sucks like standing at a register for 10 minutes while the store treats you like a thug because your generic debit cards fails.

I had best buy tell me once they did not accept debit cards without raised numbers on them as well :eek:
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

You can deposit them into your bank acct like checks. I've done it.

I do not buy MIR products without a good mail in rebate policy. EVGA used to be awesome, a paper check to your door in <2 weeks. Not anymore. Third party online registration, spam your head until it implodes, take forever to process your rebate claim, and then send you a debit card that makes people think you're running a scam. Fuck that. Not taking part.

It'd be awesome if this thing had a passive heatsink. It'd be great for an HTPC (assuming it didn't have integrated graphcis).

So, is the consensus then to forget the MIR, consider the card as $65, and find a better $65 card to buy?

If the latter, what's the cheapest card one can buy that has either no extra power requirements, or just needs one 6-pin power plug, and is dual-link DVI? (I imagine most if not all cards are finally DL DVI though...)

I just know the PSU going into my old gaming machine only has a single 6-pin PCIe power plug, so I need to downgrade my 5870 that's in it...

This makes a delicious physx card. Hopefully this deal is around when I order my GTX 470s

You can deposit them into your bank acct like checks. I've done it.

When I got my cell phone, the rebate debit card actually came with instructions on how to deposit it into your bank account. The transaction is a very specific thing that the bank has to do and the teller that did for me said she'd only done it a few times before but it definitely can be done, just as TheGamerZ says.

When I got my cell phone, the rebate debit card actually came with instructions on how to deposit it into your bank account. The transaction is a very specific thing that the bank has to do and the teller that did for me said she'd only done it a few times before but it definitely can be done, just as TheGamerZ says.

check the thread linked earlier, even after you deposit these, you are not completely done with the cards. you get left with a open citi account in your name which can screw you later.

check the thread linked earlier, even after you deposit these, you are not completely done with the cards. you get left with a open citi account in your name which can screw you later.

This.

Back