Newegg $25 GC for $200; $50 for $300; $100 for $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of their GTX 580s are in stock. :( The ASUS one comes in tomorrow apparently. I'm going to talk to their live chat and see if they can make an exception, and allow me to take advantage of this tomorrow. (After all, it's not my fault every single model, from every brand, of their GTX 580s are out of stock.. though it's probably not theirs either.)

Getting a $25 credit. Not bad, considering they didn't have to give me anything at all. Their profit margins are probably pretty low (compared to certain other products like maybe 6870s?) on the 580, so I understand.

You got a credit for $25 due to not having any 580's in?

Yes. I wanted to buy a 580 with this promo, but since they were out of stock, I couldn't. The promo terms state it doesn't apply to out of stock items, so I'm pretty happy I got what I got.

120GB Intel X25-M SSD for $145 after Rebate and the Newegg $25 bucks. Makes the black friday deal I got seem bad :(

Chat with them. They may be able to give you a credit (though less than the GC amount) like they did for me.

I tried one item. Didn't really get anywhere unfortunately. Maybe depends on the CS rep?

I tried one item. Didn't really get anywhere unfortunately. Maybe depends on the CS rep?

What was the item? I think they're more inclined to help out if you're saying "I'd like to buy a $525 product from you." :)

Anyways, YMMV on this as usual. I got lucky I suppose. I was probably the CSR's first chat of the day (not pissed off with other angry customers), so that probably helped. Also, it's possible a supervisor may have told them to stop issuing credits - I don't know. I'd suggest trying a few more CSRs.

I'm tempted to get myself a $500 gift card and buy a laptop when it goes on sale. Either that or get me 5870 and new monitor I want at a discount.

Doesn't "backordered merchandise" imply and/or include out of stock merchandise? If so, then no one should be getting GC's for stuff OOS. No offense, just sounds like [some] people are trying to game/abuse the system.

I have items in cart... but nowhere do I see any evidence of gift card. When does it indicate this in the process? Is this something that automatically pops up after checkout, in e-mail, where?

Help! I'm justifying my 3 items ($517) by the fact I'm getting $100 gift card, but see no evidence of this happening...

I have items in cart... but nowhere do I see any evidence of gift card. When does it indicate this in the process? Is this something that automatically pops up after checkout, in e-mail, where?

Help! I'm justifying my 3 items ($517) by the fact I'm getting $100 gift card, but see no evidence of this happening...
I made an order this morning that qualified me for a $25 GC and got no confirmation or email for the GC. My guess is that they mail a physical card with your purchase to prevent you from canceling an order and pocketing the GC.

Under terms and conditions:

<quote>The Newegg Promotional Gift Card will be emailed to your Newegg account no later than December 24, 2010.</quote>

edit: LoL.. guess someone posted the same thing i did.. =D

edit2: ordered part of little brother's build. save him a $100 bucks on it..

Last edited:
Might as well get some preemptive build parts:

EVGA 570
Corsair HS1 Headphones
Win 7 64bit OEM

$100 bucks in the bank for Sandy Bridge.:)

I really wished I would've waited to buy my laptop! This is an amazing deal for anyone needing a laptop around $500

any laptop recommendations that would parallel the Alienware m11x experience? I'd like to do some gaming on a small form factor.

any laptop recommendations that would parallel the Alienware m11x experience? I'd like to do some gaming on a small form factor.

That was exactly my criteria when shopping for a laptop, and I ended up getting this which arrived seemingly brand new:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220758

Obviously the 210 is going to be worse than the m11x, but that was worth the $300 price difference. If you look up the benchmarks it does surprisingly well. Battery life is better than m11x. I have fun mapping for the source engine and UE3, modeling, and using photoshop.

Sorry it's out of stock, but hopefully you find something similar. If you don't care about battery life this would offer much better performance:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220753

The complete lack of any sort of confirmation of the gift card is annoying. Especially since they say funds can run out. I went in for 2 intel 120GB ssds. I really wanted 160GB there was just nothing to work with there. Also I really wanted the onky 300$ home theater but of course it was sold out. I suppose I can just wait for it to go on sale for around $250 and then use the gift card on it.

That was exactly my criteria when shopping for a laptop, and I ended up getting this which arrived seemingly brand new:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220758

Obviously the 210 is going to be worse than the m11x, but that was worth the $300 price difference. If you look up the benchmarks it does surprisingly well. Battery life is better than m11x. I have fun mapping for the source engine and UE3, modeling, and using photoshop.

Sorry it's out of stock, but hopefully you find something similar. If you don't care about battery life this would offer much better performance:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220753

too big for me....i'd like a 14" ish screen at max. I have a desktop PC for most of my gaming, just wanted a smaller, portable laptop for the same purpose.

Got down on a cheap 42" TV, hopefully the GC materializes, paid an extra $30 over buy.com to get the deal :(
Thanks for the tip OP!

Now the page says it ends at 1PM and also at midnight... which is it?

Damnit NewEgg!... last week I bought a new LCD for $250 from you... the week before a new vid card for $250 and xbox controller for $35 ... you owe me $100! DAMNIT! haha :mad:

Okay I take that back.

Deal ended and they aren't taking the ad down. Talked with customer service (just wanted a confirmation since as was noted there is no confirmation email etc). CS told me the deal ended just before 1pm when "funds ran out" (assuming PST, didn't ask)

Edit: ad just went down, must have been surfing the cache. Working on refund or pricematch now. Damn you newegg.

Last edited:
Dammit !!!

I just chatted with CSR and she confirmed the funds are out.

OP, please modify the post to reflect the DEAD deal.
I was ready to spend $300.

I just got done talking to newegg about the GC. They aren't sending out confirmation emails but will send you an email later if you qualify with the GC information. I verified that mine went through via livechat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back