Newegg 1 Day Sale 1.5TB $114.99 FS and More

Did anyone else realize that they were selling the Western Digital 1.5TB early this morning then they switched to the Seagate 1.5TB? I was hoping to get in and grab a few of the WDs.

Did anyone else realize that they were selling the Western Digital 1.5TB early this morning then they switched to the Seagate 1.5TB? I was hoping to get in and grab a few of the WDs.

Yep subject of the email says WD 1.5TB for 114.99

I have been looking for a flash based Zune to run with so that I could use my Zune Pass music on it. Just picked up a 120 GB Zune a few weeks ago, now I got this 4 GB one to go with it. Hopefully it's in good condition :D

Now I just need to sell my old 30 GB lol!

The Zune is a great player and highly recommended. The sound quality on these things is amazing.

Yep. They switched them.

I wonder if anyone is going to accuse them of bait and switch, because this is exactly what this was.

Yep. They switched them.

I wonder if anyone is going to accuse them of bait and switch, because this is exactly what this was.

I feel that way but you have to consider human error.

BTW, Is this even a deal? Aren't the Seagate 1.5TB around that price anyways?

They are usually 120USD at Newegg, but I got this email and was going to buy 3 or 4 WD 1.5tb drives when I got into work. Was sad to see it is the Seagate drives. :(

if they aren't around that price normally they will be soon. i think the time to buy 1.5tb drives will be when you see them for $99 shipped. it will happen this summer and likely stay at that price for the year.

Yep. They switched them.

Yes - I saw the e-mail this morning on my phone when I was driving to work, and was :D
Then I came here to check on things, and find they are selling the Seagate instead, and was all :eek:
Now I'm :mad:

Guess I'll wait for the inevitable $99 price point for the 1.5s seeing as I seem to have locked myself into that size. Perhaps in a month or two...

EDIT: The 1TB Seagate for $80 isn't terrible I guess (didn't check on shipping though). Pretty decent price on the EP45 as well.
EDIT 2:
newegg said:
egg
It is Seagate. But I would suggest you to wait a few hours, we are working on this and trying to fix the problem.
10:47:54 AM egg
They are investigating this issue now.
10:48:04 AM egg
We should correct it within the next few hours.
10:48:51 AM movax
Ok, sounds good to me. Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
I don't know if it was ever "switched" or just a mistake. I saw it late last night right when the email came out and it was already pointing to the seagate..boooo.

Great deal, but I already have a 1 TB Seagate HDD and would like to get a different vendor for another 1 or 1.5 TB HDD. This gives me a good price point and comparison basis.

if they aren't around that price normally they will be soon. i think the time to buy 1.5tb drives will be when you see them for $99 shipped. it will happen this summer and likely stay at that price for the year.

I think the time to buy a hard drive is when I need space...
Seriously who shuffles their computer plans by months just to save $15? :p

I think the time to buy a hard drive is when I need space...
Seriously who shuffles their computer plans by months just to save $15? :p
For those of us buying 4+ drives, it's a savings of at least $70. I have a general sense of when I'm going to run out of space before I do...well, I never run *out* of space.

I don't know if it was ever "switched" or just a mistake. I saw it late last night right when the email came out and it was already pointing to the seagate..boooo.

Yep. I went to their site to buy the WD drives, but by the time I went to make my order, they switched it to the Seagate drives. All "bait and switch"es are just mistakes... riiiiiight...

I see that it says WD drive in the email title, but in all of my emails it has the seagate in the body. Do others have something different? I thought that the only WD drive that was 1.5tb was a green edition.

This summer is a little optimistic for that, except maybe for the Seagate 7200.11 which might get close if it gets phased out for a 7200.12. Are there announcements for 1.5TB drives from the other HD makers? Because that's when sales will really heat up, right now there's just 2 and the Seagate drive has a bad rep.

I have my 1.5 tb seagate drive and i'm very happy with it. I might have just got lucky though, i still won't hook them up in my raid array but as a single drive used for nothing important it does it job well. I'm a hardcore seagate fan but am skeptical about the 7200.11's, almost making me want to switch to wd when i upgrade my array i'm waiting to hear more news on how the .12's do on raid.

Nabbed the Locitech Wireless Keyboard for $29.99 free shipping. I think it was part of this deal. It is a 2.4Ghz wireless so it should have good range for my HTPC.

The HD deal is great but overrated IMHO. Drives have been dropping in price and a drive is a drive is a drive.... blah blah blah. Sorry but I just can't see all the enthusiasm over a HD. I gota question about this sale though. I waited until tonight to order the Polk Speakers that were listed in this one day sale. Big mistake. Now it says sold out. Usually it says OOS. So does this mean I'm SOL with buying these from the Egg?

Fuck Fuck Fuck.... I should've never waited. Y'all had no idea how good of deal this was, talkin HD's. I realize it may not interest you tech guys who were all talking HD's in this thread but I got news for you, that was NOT the deal in this sale. :eek: Just take a look at what these speakers go for ANYWHERE else. :mad: I can't believe I let myself miss a set of these for this price. Hell, I'd even buy them without the promo code, but with it, these were a steal. And the fact that it now says "Sold Out" rather than "OOS" indicated to me this deal is loooong gone.

Carry on with your HD discussion :rolleyes: Sorry for the rant.

I think 'Sold Out' is just a new thing they're doing on their website to mean OOS. If you notice on the product pages it takes the plave of 'add to cart' and when something was OOS that used to be greyed out instead. I bet they got a lot of contacts about items where the item page says 'add to cart' implying in stock but then it can't be added to cart. Over the weekend the Phenom II 940 sold out and said the same thing, I'm pretty sure they'll be getting more of those ;)

Fuck Fuck Fuck.... I should've never waited. Y'all had no idea how good of deal this was, talkin HD's. I realize it may not interest you tech guys who were all talking HD's in this thread but I got news for you, that was NOT the deal in this sale. :eek: Just take a look at what these speakers go for ANYWHERE else. :mad: I can't believe I let myself miss a set of these for this price. Hell, I'd even buy them without the promo code, but with it, these were a steal. And the fact that it now says "Sold Out" rather than "OOS" indicated to me this deal is loooong gone.

Carry on with your HD discussion :rolleyes: Sorry for the rant.

theyre probably nice, but i wouldnt pay more then $99 for them. 3 inch speakers? sorry, you can only do so much with 3", trust me:(:D

samsung should have 1.5tb drives soon. the reason i say $99 will be a good price to buy them at is because i believe that's where they are going to stay at for some time. at least until the next wave of pricecuts/capacity increase comes along.. but i forsee the next year having the 2tb+ drives at a premium, and everything else dirt cheap.

bait and switch? Newegg does not need a bait and switch, trust me they get sales without a bait and switch on a hard drive. I clicked on the link, the second it was emailed and it was a seagate. I think it was an email error, not a bait in switch of any kind.

theyre probably nice, but i wouldnt pay more then $99 for them. 3 inch speakers? sorry, you can only do so much with 3", trust me:(:D

Sorry but these speakers are not just any ordinary speaker. Size isn't everything. I've had bookshelf speakers with 5 1/2 drivers that sounded like garbage. What this means is that there's a lot more to a speaker than just the driver diameter. And if you tried searching for theses you'd see how much of a deal these were. I have a M-Audio sound card that has RCA analog outs. I have this connected to a Parasound Zamp and Z-pre2 that is just screaming or some high quality speakers. These woulda been perfect. I'm just kicking myself I waited. :(

I got my 1.5 TB drive from the egg. It was wrapped in a layer of fat bubble wrap and thrown in a box with paper. Went to seagates site - registered it, entered the serial code in the support section and it said I did not have need of an update.

Firmware CC1H.

This makes for my second 1.5TB with no problems.

Back