• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

newbie question: which cable for which rail?

indigox3

n00b
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
13
Building my first computer, and I have an Antec SmartPower 450w powersupply. There are about 6 cables coming out of the power supply. Two with 4 pin molex connectors, two for sata, one 24 pin and one 4 pin for the motherboard, and a 6 pin for the video card.

As I understand it, you are supposed to use one of the 12v rails for the fans, LEDs, and the other for the HDD, motherboard, and video card? If so, how do you know which cables correspond to which rails? (Assuming each cable is for a dedicated rail?)

Or can I just plug everything in on whichever cable/plug is most convienent(sp?)?
 
I think all that is done internally and you don't need to worry about it.
 
Back
Top