• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newbie OCing questions

Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
5
I just put my first system together and everything runs smoothly. I would however like to squeeze a little more performance from it :) I have read and am following Eclipse's OC guide.

System:
3800x2
Abit Fatal1ty An8-sli mb
BFG 7800GTX OC
Corsair XMS 2GB PC3200
Maxtor Maxline III 250gb sata


So far here's what I've found the limits to be:

Max cpu multi of 10x (4x-10x in .5x stops).

Max HTT: 338 Mhz

CPU: Volts reported from CPUz (Volts specified by the bios): Mhz
CPU: 1.384 (1.35): 2400
CPU: 1.425 (1.40): 2470
CPU: 1.480 (1.45): 2540
CPU: 1.521 (1.50): 2590
CPU: 1.576 (1.55): 2600 (ran dual Prime95s for 8 hours and 30 minutes: 54cpu, 36 sys, 53 pwm)

CAS/tRCD/tRPD/tRAS: HTT: V
2-3-2-6-1T: 205: 2.6
2-3-2-6-1T: 210: 2.7
2.5-3-2-6-1T: 246: 2.6 - 5 hours in memtest

I'm shooting for 2.6ghz with the best possible speed for the ram. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the ram to do anything above 246 even at very loose timings and/or with more voltage (3-4-4-10-1T: 250: 2.9V). Secondly, I will be applying some AS5 and lapping the heatsink to drop the temps a bit.

1. What would the optimal settings be for the htt/cpu multi/ram divider? I was thinking 289 htt, 9x multi, 5:6.

2. Are there any other settings that I might be able to adjust to get over the 246 htt with the ram? I did notice that I'm not too far off from what some other people have done: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67762 (#17,18, & 19).
 
You can try to make the mem 2T, but I would really try raising the memory voltage if you feel comfortable doing so...
 
I loosened up the timings, tried using a 2T command rate, pumping the voltage - all to no avail for the ram. Since the cpu speed matters more, I just went with a 9x multiplier instead.

My current settings are: 282htt, 9x multi, 5:6. Right now I'm capping out at 282 htt but I'm not quite sure why (the board goes up to 338, and with the 5:6 divider, I'm not getting close to 246 on the ram). My Htt muli is 3x (was 2x earlier). When I put it up the htt to 283, the computer boots, but won't boot into Windows.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Edit: Here's what I'm at currently http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=40072
 
Back
Top