Newbie needs help surround sound .

mimoawi

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 16, 2007
Messages
88
Is it possible to connect my PC to older surround Dolby receiver? This receiver is connected to 5 speakers (front left and right, rear left and right and center) no connection for subhover ,and no digital input, I have an ASUS P5K with onboard sound card and I also have SB Live 5.1 digital sound card, is it possible to get this setup working with surround sound mainly for gaming or not? I’m willing to buy a new sound card if needed.
thanks
 
The main problem is lack of digital input on the reciever.

Without that, and if you want surround sound, you need to have seperate analog surround inputs on your reciever. I'd be willing to bet you have those, since it's a 5.1 system.

Barring that, you're stuck with stereo inputs and 5.1 audio processing on the reciever (which sucks, in gaming, you don't want the reciever determining where your sounds are coming from.)

Mabye if you post a pic of the back side of your surround reciever?
 
Back
Top