newb: unique storage solution help anyone?

CrUnChh

Weaksauce
hello fellow members

i am resurrecting many old parts including a agp video card and a 939 pin single core processor. or i might ressurrect a athlon 2400+. whatever route i decide to take, the goal is to utilize several IDE interface harddrives. I think there's 5 or 6. None of them are the same size and vary by manufacturer. i do not require a raid set-up nor do I really want one unless that is my only option. Is there a pci card that i can use to utilize all these harddrives as storage devices? or maybe using 2 pci cards to achieve this? if so please name a specific card. thanks ahead.

sil0680
syba-pci-ultra-ata-ide-raid-controller-card-sil-392311.jpg

one of these + onboard controller should cover yr 6drive needs

i have no experience setting up drives on one of these cards. am i correct to assume that i can use all of these harddrives even though they are not matching on a pci card that has the interface expansion i require and utilize them on a non raid setup, simply as storage devices? and any pci card will do as long as it has the ide interfaces i need and is meant for multiple harddrives to interface?

for example - this is the one i was looking at assuming my assumptions are correct:

HighPoint RocketRAID 454

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...016&cm_re=ide_pci_card-_-16-115-016-_-Product

Back