• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newb Question! Reciever & Soundcard...

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
2,354
I'm planning on getting new speaker setup this summer, but I have a few newb questions. How do I connect to reciever to the soundcard? I'm planning to get something along the lines of X-Fi XtremeMusic, but I don't see any ports on the card that I can connect to reciever to. Can anyone tell me or give me a site with a guide on how to do that.

Thanks in advance.
 
Or if you want DIGITAL audio, buy a MONO male minijack to female RCA adapter. Use a coax cable to connect the sound card and your reciever and there you have it! (You will only get stero sound in anything that isn't already encoded in dolby digital or DTS, yes that means STEREO in games)
 
To connect a sound card to a receiver, you usually have two options: analog or digital.

It's that simple.

What you have to learn is that there are several ways of doing each of these. The bottom line though, is SOMEHOW you need to get it to the receiver.

So that means, if your sound card has a line output that's a 3.5mm stereo jack, and your receiver has dual RCA jacks for stereo, you will need a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Easy enough.

There are a few technicalities, but those should wait until you're more certain with what you are going to be doing.

Rakinos, I didn't know partsexpress had a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Thanks for the info. I'll have to go and buy me one. (Must be pretty new).

~Hope this helps
 
Back
Top