• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newb Overclocking questions

xynapse

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
142
Hello,

This is my first overclocking experience. :p I keep trying to overclock the CPU frequency but I'm having problems with memory.I try to underclock the memory and still having problems. Can somebody give me some hints? Iv tried looking at the guide but its not helping. Perhaps increasing voltage? Too scared to mess with that because I dont know what I'm doing. My specs are:
Water cooled with Zalman Kit
CPU AMD 64 |4400+ ATHLON X2 939P @ 2.2 Ghz
MB EPOX EP-9NPA+Ultra NF4 ULTRA
OCZ EL 2X1G OCZ4002048ELDCTE-K
BFG Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB

I also ran 3dmark05 just too see what it does at stock and I think Im getting really low scores for some reason. I have a score around 6900. Please help? :confused:
 
I was able to overclock it to 2365 mhz by doing 215 mhz X 11. THe memory is also a little overclocked at DDR 400 @ 215 mhz. Temperatures are good. 33C. I think I can go further though. Or is this it? Going to run the benchmark now and see what happens.

Benchmark Results were a little better at 7069. I still think they are very low for what I have.
 
OK i was able to update it to 2.5 Ghz with no errors during torture testing. Temps are still good. I did another round of 3dmark05 and got 7100. I believe it could still go higher. Perhaps OCing my video card. Over 30 views and no comments? What kind of forum is this?
 
3dmark05 isnt going to see a large benefit from cpu speed, try 2001 or am3 or use benchmarks meant for the cpu
05 is going to see benefit from ocing video card more then the cpu
 
ryuji said:
3dmark05 isnt going to see a large benefit from cpu speed, try 2001 or am3 or use benchmarks meant for the cpu
05 is going to see benefit from ocing video card more then the cpu
Thanks for the input. What do you think about voltages? Right now they are at stock. 1.350V and Ram voltages? Theres so many different settings and if I overclock the RAM I usually get the blue screen or it just wont boot. As for the video card Im looking at overclocking it. But do I do that with software or is there a place where I can get a bios? As I said before I am new to the overclocking scene and any comments to point me in the right direction are greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: Just overclocked the memory to 250 and its working fine. Probably because I increased the voltage to 2.7. Now onto the video card? :confused:
 
coolbits for nvidia rivatuner for ati, or rivatuner for both, either one
 
Back
Top