Newark 3400+ Results on DFi NF3 250gb

skiddy

2[H]4U
Well my mobile 3400+ Newark came in earlier tonight and I've been messing around with it some. So far I'm pretty impressed, but I was hoping for a little bit more. I decided to create a thread on this because I have not see anyone on [H] with a 3400+ newark.

Anyways here's my max results so far:

newarkoverclock015zw.jpg

2.65ghz @ 1.55V with the BH-5 @ 482mhz 2.5-2-2-10 1T - 3.1V

So far it seems to be 100% stable with temps at 37C idle and 47C load. I have not tested prime for more than 30mins, but I've run numerous games with no problems what so ever. (will leave prime running overnight)

This chip was also able to get:

2.43ghz @ 1.35V (stock)
2.54ghz @ 1.45V

These seemed to be stable but not 100% tested. 1.55V is the max I will do for now on air... BTW cooling is on a Zalman 7000A-Cu in an Antec Lanboy with 2 120mm fans.

Feel free to leave any questions/comments/suggestions!

nice! good to see another newark user here ;)

wanna post your results in the revE oc'ing thread once you've found the top end? my newark is getting kinda lonely :p

I really want one of these bad boys. Really.

Isn't this thing like a Venice or SD, as far as temps go? What HSF was that on?

90nm is kicking ass for AMD so far :D

it's basically a san diego with some very minor tweaks, one of which being single channel/s754 :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
it's basically a san diego with some very minor tweaks, one of which being single channel/s754 :D

Meaning easy overclocking on stock or not extravagant HSF?

Ok well it seems that my RAM is giving me issues now while trying to run it 1:1 @ 240mhz with any timings while both sticks are in. So as a result I'm trying to use the RAM divider but its not working correctly.

With the HTT at 240mhz, I'm using the 166 (5:6) divider and as a result my RAM speed is showing up at 188mhz.... WTF, it should be 200mhz flat. This is on the latest DFi bios that has the 4.0V DIMM tweak.

Any suggestions or are the RAM dividers on this board just pieces of shit?

dont worry about the speed of your ram too much. id concentrate on high overall clockspeed first.. ram is just icing on the cake.

btw.. where do you get newarks at? i was looking to get a newc 3400+ for 175 at the egg, and they do not seem to carry the newark.

Jason711 said:
dont worry about the speed of your ram too much. id concentrate on high overall clockspeed first.. ram is just icing on the cake.

btw.. where do you get newarks at? i was looking to get a newc 3400+ for 175 at the egg, and they do not seem to carry the newark.

nvm about the newark.. i went ahead with the clawhammer 62w 3400

im pretty sure 228 is the most ive ever spent on a cpu... :eek:

sKiDmArK said:
Ok thanks, that helped. But here's the problem. It will not post if the RAM is even at 200.3mhz with both sticks in.... it has too be exactly 200mhz or under. Any way to fix that?
what bios are you using? after you clear the bios, do you load bios defaults and reboot before changing anything?

(cf)Eclipse said:
what bios are you using? after you clear the bios, do you load bios defaults and reboot before changing anything?

Just tried that and it works now!! I also missed the option to turn off SATA 1/2 before which is now off (I hear that causes problems sometimes). You rock eclipse! Time for some more testing. Thanks for the help.

yeah, i actually had a scare last night.. did some benching at 1.65v, 2.87ghz.. cleared the bios and went back to normal.. but no. wasn't stable.. tried basically everything i could.. nothing worked, not even stock speeds. so i cleared the bios again, and loaded defaults afterwards this time. all better :eek:

Back