New Zotac s775 miniITX boards!

i7 is not socket 1156.

Whoops. Forgot about the 860 which is expensive.

Last edited:
They had the G41-A version with DDR2, they should have kept the G41-B with DDR2 and if they wanted allow the G45 to go DDR3.

They had the G41-A version with DDR2, they should have kept the G41-B with DDR2 and if they wanted allow the G45 to go DDR3.

I wasn't even aware of the G41-A-E. Personally, if I am using a discrete GPU, then I'd rather have a Intel chipset than the 9300. Also the Intel chipset heatsinks seem to be much lower in height than the 9300. Which would make installing CPU heatsinks a lot easier.
As for DDR2 vs DDR3, they are almost the same price nowadays...

As for WIFI n vs WIFI b/g on the 9300? Maybe they can't fit a mini PCIE on that board and there is no USB board as small as the b/g.

I looked at the specs sheet and it said that the G41 had a PCIE x1 slot, but the board isn't a mini DTX.
is it that MINI PCIE = PCIEx1?
If so, can I use a PCIE extender and use whatever card I want in that PCIEslot? (lol crossfire x1, x16 perhaps? or even PPU?)

I would pose the question on zotac forums. I know in the past the mini pcie was limited to what it could accept.

this doesnt have optical out for sound. have to rely on hdmi sound output or analog output. was looking at optical out for sound. but will look elsewhere for that. also does anybody know of a mini itx with a pcie 1x and a pcie 16x? im looking for one but cant seem to find one. thanks

Zotac H55 ITX but the mini PCIe is occupied by the wifi adapter

this doesnt have optical out for sound. have to rely on hdmi sound output or analog output. was looking at optical out for sound. but will look elsewhere for that. also does anybody know of a mini itx with a pcie 1x and a pcie 16x? im looking for one but cant seem to find one. thanks

Mini-ITX has only 1 slot. There are a couple of boards with a mini PCIE (usually occupied by a wifi-n card) but there aren't many expansion cards available in this format. It's mini-DTX that has 2 slots. And mini-DTX boards are quite rare.

If you were clever you could maybe get a bootable Express card slot on the backplate and a couple of mini pci express slots.

TV card + internal HDD + wireless all with no cables except the aerials for the wireless and TV would be awesome.

thanks for the reply guys. thats what i thought. been looking for one but no luck. yes i want an add on card along with pcie16x slot. the reason why im asking is beacuse i have an mini itx case that can fit any mini itx board. just wanted to populate my case with one that has 2 card slots. but i guess i will have to settle for just one.

Has anyone tried the Zotac G45ITX-B-E?

I wonder if it has the problem of not recognizing SATA optical drives when SATA is set to AHCI in the BIOS.

Finally, can the Mini-PCIe slot be used for any other half-height Mini-PCIe cards?

Last edited:
There is a ribbon adapter to convert the mini PCIe to PCIeX1.

I saw once people using it to connect a 7800gtx to a MacPro

Back