New Zen 2 Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.maxon.net/en/products/cinebench/

CINEBENCH offers a real-world benchmark that incorporates a user's common tasks within Cinema 4D to measure a system's performance. For those who have to do a serious amount of testing CINEBENCH also provides a command line option, allowing users to run automated test procedures.

You can't pick and choose. Please state another company's benchmark that doesn't follow the same recipe.

Last edited:
it was like 3 months ago when the 5ghz 9900K was the god of cinebench it was lauded as amazing when compared to 4ghz processors, now the shoe is on the other foot it is back to not being "real life".

LOL. CB has never said a real application. I just gave you three reviews including one from 2014 and other from 2015: "Cinebench R15 is a synthetic benchmark..."

LOL. CB has never said a real application. I just gave you three reviews including one from 2014 and other from 2015: "Cinebench R15 is a synthetic benchmark..."

Nobody here is disputing it as a synthetic, it is still real output results depending on variables and it is non bias towards either AMD or Intel

Nobody here is disputing it as a synthetic, it is still real output results depending on variables and it is non bias towards either AMD or Intel

You said in #353 it "is a real application", when it is not. That CB favors AMD was demonstrated in #327: "Cinebench R15 is some sort of a best case benchmark for AMD, that's why it's an outlier."

You said in #353 it "is a real application", when it is not. That CB favors AMD was demonstrated in #327: "Cinebench R15 is some sort of a best case benchmark for AMD, that's why it's an outlier."

AMD does well in applications favouring parallelism, I guess they should all be outliers then. Kappa

We also showed you direct from Maxon that it is a based on real software, so it is a real application, so Real Intel used to use it to make themselves look awesome.

So the $4k+ you spend on Cinema 4D are Krusty Bucks?

Every benchmark that has a fixed set of data and parameters is synthetic.

Well at least GROMACS isn't a real application anymore, so we won't have to hear about how great the AVX512 performance is.

He's also very specific.
Mostly in an unnecessary way. The point he is trying to make, without saying it, is that AMD has an advantage in highly threaded tasks. He wants a AMD vs. Intel 8/16 CPU comparison that benchmarks a single thread so Intel can be shown to have a IPC advantage, as small as it might be.
Like yourself he is very good at playing these games.

AMD does well in applications favouring parallelism, I guess they should all be outliers then. Kappa

AMD does well in some applications favouring parallelism, not in all. And No one here said that all them are outliers. What is being said here is something different:

What is being said is that you cannot use only Cinebench to characterize performance. This is a basic statement that everyone would agree. So I guess this is just another instance of your arguing just for the sake of arguing.

We also showed you direct from Maxon that it is a based on real software, so it is a real application, so Real Intel used to use it to make themselves look awesome.

So the $4k+ you spend on Cinema 4D are Krusty Bucks?

Every benchmark that has a fixed set of data and parameters is synthetic.

Well at least GROMACS isn't a real application anymore, so we won't have to hear about how great the AVX512 performance is.

LOL

Mostly in an unnecessary way. The point he is trying to make, without saying it, is that AMD has an advantage in highly threaded tasks. He wants a AMD vs. Intel 8/16 CPU comparison that benchmarks a single thread so Intel can be shown to have a IPC advantage, as small as it might be.
Like yourself he is very good at playing these games.

No. That is only in your imagination and a complete mischaractgerization of what I am saying.

The point is am making is that one has to measure different kind of workloads: compute-bound and memory-bound, synthetics and real applications, latency-bound and throughput-bound, games, HPC, rendering, encoding,... Then characterize the overall performance.

My point is what reviews do. So I find very funny you guys are arguing over this. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back