New Zealand PM Orders Inquiry into “Unlawful” Spying

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Kim Dotcom just can’t seem to stay out of the news for very long these days. The Prime Minister of New Zealand has personally ordered a full investigation of unlawful activity on the part of New Zealand’s GCSB (FBI equivalent) for having conducted a wiretap on Kim Dotcom’s communications without proper authorization from the government.

“I look forward to the Inspector-General’s inquiry getting to the heart of what took place and what can be done about it because this is also a matter for the High Court in its consideration of the Megaupload litigation.”

I really hope this all exposes the fact that large corporations are illegally influencing government agencies to heavy handedly deal with alleged copy write infringement.

They raided this guy like he was a high level terrorist. Really? That is what we are spending our resources (time, money, court systems, manpower)

This will take 20 years to finish. In the end no fault is found and everything is swept under the carpet.
That's how it works.

"New Zealand’s GCSB (FBI equivalent)"

That's incorrect. They are closer to your CIA or NSA.

I see his trial was pushed back to after the US elections... cant have any damaging info come out :)

"New Zealand’s GCSB (FBI equivalent)"

That's incorrect. They are closer to your CIA or NSA.

Yeah, torrentfreak has it right. They're more of a CIA. They can't put under surveillance NZ citizens and permanent residents of NZ. But apparently they just did.

Back