• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Zalman HSF

I like!

zalman_big_cooler.jpg
 
What the hell? Is that pic really to scale? If so, its larger than my freaking case!

 
Finally an HSF which will allow the P4 to scale to 4 GHz and well beyond :p

You might want to keep pets and small children away from it, though...
 
I thought the fan on it was supposed to be a 92mm...is the pack of smokes in the pic photoshopped?
 
I'd bet money that theres no photoshoping involved and that that's just a large model of the heatsink to show off its features at a tradeshow.
 
darn_it said:
I'd bet money that theres no photoshoping involved and that that's just a large model of the heatsink to show off its features at a tradeshow.

I agree, when have you seen a white colored plastic fan? All of them are either black or translucent clear.
 
"Quiet CPU Cooler" is on the fan, must not spin too fast if its quiet.

Also "2 Ball Bearing"?? They must be the size of a shot put.

Gotta be a display piece, if not, I dont even wanna know what that has gotta cost.
 
any release date ima buy it its sweet

EDIT:dont forget about that ASUS cooler that people thought was an april fools joke
 
LMAO come on people look at the picture. It's obviously a enlarged model and not a real product. They probably will start making a real version of that heatsink but that one is obviously a scaled up model.
 
Looks like a fairly reliable heatsink. I want to see a scaled down model though before i'd even consider it. I am already watercooling so... lol.

Am I the only one that thinks "Gee, I wonder what other uses they could have for all this copper and aluminum that goes into these heatsinks." Cause i've noticed lately that the computer industry uses quite a bit of metal. lol.
 
I still think the SLK-9xx series are the best heatsinks out there. Nothing fancy, all power :D
 
Here's a pic of the actual HSF installed on a cpu (image linked from AnandTech).

zallman9500.jpg
 
its not as big as it looks in the first pic, thats just a larger scale so people can see what its major details. i think this heatsink might be good for cooling, and possibly rival the xp120.
 
If thats the actual size, that thing would probally put stress cracks in the mb after a while. lol
 
Heres another picture of it. It's called the CNPS 9500 LED and weighs 498g. According to Zalman it's the best CPU heatsink ever. :eek:

EDIT: Image doesn't work when I link off Toms Hardware guide.
 
darn_it said:
Heres another picture of it. It's called the CNPS 9500 LED and weighs 498g. According to Zalman it's the best CPU heatsink ever. :eek:

zalman-cnps-9500-led.jpg
nice one you think they are dumber than that?
 
darn_it said:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that?
ur link above was of a picture they have some shit so it dont work when off there site
 
Back
Top