• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New XSi, now with squirrels!

ilkhan

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 23, 2002
Messages
13,948
I wish the L had shown up already. Oh well. Shot from my balcony with the kit, little bit of cleanup in photoshop. I forgot I had the exposure compensation down a stop on the first one and blew the highlights. Dodged where I thought was appropriate. I was shooting in JPG, or it would have been easy to fix. :(

Critique, Im still learning.

1: Oh, Hi there!


2: This shrub is TASTY!
 
yeah i was gonna say that they looked a bit soft and out of focus?! Sauron what happened to the XTi that you just bought like 5 months ago?! Hey head over to photography-on-the.net and join, post there and they will be able to tell you what is going on with these.. I know that the 18-55 IS is a hell of a lot sharper than that. Then again it could be the old POS monitor I have at work...
 
I think it still depends on the luck of the draw. I've gotten one of those lenses and it didn't impress at all. I returned it. But the images he took don't look quite right.
 
I'm not sure what is up with the rock shot, but it's bad. It's overexposed, out of focus, and i see purple fringes. I pretty much can't believe that came out of a properly functioning canon digital SLR with canon glass, even in auto mode.
 
the XTi went back to amazon in january. I was broke.

Now I have the XSi and a 70-200/4. Im still broke. :/

I was too far away from either shot to get a clear focus. The rock shot was seriously blown and with JPG, I tried to clean it up. Now I have a damn tornado outside and the birds and squirrels are staying in their den. Not really surprising.
 
LOL.... have to love the Bermuda Triangle that is Northern Nevada.. I was getting hit with 80+mph winds on my way home. Today seems nicer... hopefully your critters are out again to get some better shots.
 
Back
Top