New Xbox 360 “Slim” Motherboard Spy Pics?

Potentially, quite a few. Of course, if a slim version isn't accompanied by a price cut it won't entice anyone (something of which I'm sure Microsoft is aware). If it is, the 360 could very well get a nice boost.

That's true..........a price drop might open a whole new market of "value shoppers".

I still haven't picked one up, I might if they release a Slim version. With the whole RROD fiasco I decided I didn't want to bother with any potential headache from a console that could easily up and die on me... So I bought a PS3 instead. :D

And there you go.^^

The PS3 didn't grab me like the original Playstation did. The PS2 was nice but still not as "exciting" - except for the slight improvement of PS1 games and being able to use it for dvd's. It worked the other way around for the X-box and the 360. I passed on the X-box altogether......and ran for a 360.
Of course I game 95% on a PC now, so they better come up with something REALLY good next go-round.:D

I still haven't picked one up, I might if they release a Slim version. With the whole RROD fiasco I decided I didn't want to bother with any potential headache from a console that could easily up and die on me... So I bought a PS3 instead. :D

RROD was caused be 2 things.. the fan shrowed not being close enough to the heatsinks

and the lead free solder they used.. the sockets were meling the solder and coming free.. it was one major reasons the ps3 was delayed.. it may be quiet but it gets hot out the back.. they had to solve that problem in hte ps3 or be known as a dead expensive brick..

ms werent the only ones affect, many were.. notebooks, laptops, macs oem machines.. it was a big deal and caused a lot of RMAs..

the new 360s are fine..

as with any device, keep it in a well ventualated area and all is well...

The fan shroud was butted up against the heatsinks. You couldn't get it any closer. The real problem, was the GPU heatsink was open, instead of being closed off. That way the air is pulled through the fins. I guess, they figured the dvd-rom sitting on top, was enough. Easy fix for that was taping some cardboard to the top of the heatsink.

Not like that was enough anyways. The heatsink itself was simply too small, hence them attaching a heatpipe to it, that lead to another heatsink dangling off it.

There was the lead free solder also, which easily broke apart, when the heat from the GPU would cause the motherboard to warp.

Yes the new 360s are, for the most part, fine. They now have now die shrunk both the cpu and gpu. Bringing down power use and heat.

Back