• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New X6800 new build

Helidoc

n00b
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
7
Well after long debate with the wife (grin) She agreed to allow me to update my rig (heck may as well call it a new build (she gets the old one). Here's what I have so far.
Thermaltake SHARK VA7000BWA Black, ASUS P5W DH, Intel Core 2 X6800,
BFG Tech 7950GX2, Kingston HyperX 2GB PC 6400, WD3200KS, OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite.
I just ordered from Petra's site the following kit (after doing alot of reading here) and wanted opinions on what kind of performance temp wise I could expect with the above build.
kit
This will be a first for me as I've never done water cooling before.
pics to follow once I recieve the kit :)
 
NIce rig!

Petra is a class act and you picked a great kit. :cool:
 
Recieved the kit this afternoon. First thing I did was spread it out to make sure nothing was missing/broken in shipment. To say I was impressed was an understatement. The kit was well packed and survived the trip from CA to here ovenight. I was particulaly impressed by the hand written note inclosed. Shows there are places that still believe in customer service :) Sorry for the quality of the pics, they are taken with a very bad camera.
kit.jpg


Inclosed in the kit was a guide of sorts.. while not step by step it's enough to get you started along the right path leaving most of the installation to your imagination and skill level. One thing I was impressed with were the cleaning instructions, alot of time was spent on this as it should be. Some basic cleaning supplies needed.
cleaning.jpg


More to follow as I install this kit (have things soaking atm)
soaking.jpg

Thanks to the folks at Petra's Tech for getting me this kit in short order. The kit used is Petra'sTech CoolKit Elite.
 
Well...seeing how you could have gotten a 2x120mm rad for $35, a pump for around $40, tubing for $10 for 10ft, 2 -120mm fans for $12, a nice block for around $55, and misc fittings for around $10 ... hmmmm... you tell me. ;)
 
awwe the black mcr220, i wish i had one instead of my royal blue that doesnt match the rest of my black components :(
 
2Fresh said:
Well...seeing how you could have gotten a 2x120mm rad for $35, a pump for around $40, tubing for $10 for 10ft, 2 -120mm fans for $12, a nice block for around $55, and misc fittings for around $10 ... hmmmm... you tell me. ;)

Wasn't looking to get into price comparison, the parts in this kit are well spoken about on several sites including this one and I wasn't looking to go bargon shopping. Tho with what I paid I did get a bargon had I purchased the parts seperatly.
 
Back
Top