• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New workstation with AMD Radeon 8570

LithiumRage158

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
273
Hey guys, really not sure if this is the right place to post, but I figured I'd try.

So, the school district I work for just bought me a new workstation; It's a Lenovo M73, at the highest configuration available to us. It has a single AMD Radeon HD 8570 video card.

I spec'd this out under the impression that I would be able to have a true dual monitor setup, like my old workstation (Dell Optiplex 780). On the old workstation's card, I had a single VGA port, and a single DVI port, and achieved dual monitor goodness using only a double DVI adapter.

This card only has a single HDMI and a single VGA. My monitors only support DVI. Is there a HDMI-DVI adapter out there that can do this? Our Lenovo vendor says we would have to have a single HDMI-DVI converter, with a DVI - Dual DVI (as in, two DVIs, not a Dual-Link DVI) adapter plugged into that, but I'm not entirely convinced that will work.

Any thoughts?
 
Last edited:
I would think an hdmi to dvi adaptor paired with a vga to dvi adaptor would be the easiest way to do it.
 
Hey guys, really not sure if this is the right place to post, but I figured I'd try.

So, the school district I work for just bought me a new workstation; It's a Lenovo M73, at the highest configuration available to us. It has a single AMD Radeon HD 8570 video card.

I spec'd this out under the impression that I would be able to have a true dual monitor setup, like my old workstation (Dell Optiplex 780). On the old workstation's card, I had a single VGA port, and a single DVI port, and achieved dual monitor goodness using only a double DVI adapter.

This card only has a single HDMI and a single VGA. My monitors only support DVI. Is there a HDMI-DVI adapter out there that can do this? Our Lenovo vendor says we would have to have a single HDMI-DVI converter, with a DVI - Dual DVI (as in, two DVIs, not a Dual-Link DVI) adapter plugged into that, but I'm not entirely convinced that will work.

Any thoughts?

You were not using a double DVI adapter - you had a DBS15 connector meaning it had two native DVI-I connections allowing dual DVI/VGA. Which monitors are you using?

I'd run one of the monitors from the video card and the other from the onboard Intel video card using a cheap DisplayPort to DVI adapter if your monitor doesn't support VGA.
 
Back
Top