New Workstation Threadripper or stick with Intel?

Icestation

Weaksauce
So I am going to be building a new workstation for myself at work.
The old I7 3930K and FirePRO V5900 is showing its age now.
Main use of the is CAD/CAM software (FeatureCAM(Autodesk), Solidworks, and a few other basic stuff.

So I was thinking of doing a Threadripper 1900x-1920x vs a I7 7820X. (Probably cant swing a I9 budget wise depending on graphics card suggestions)

So what CPU/Graphics Combo would you guys recommend?
I could probably swing about $1200 on those two items, then the rest of the box is you know standard/personal preference stuff.

FYI I don't do any Solidworks simulation stuff, just modeling. I just over buy so it last longer. I don't like to do this often as you can see from still using the 3930K and V5900 Firepro.

Thanks

I don't think your CPU matters that much for those applications as you describe using them, why not save money there and spend it on storage and RAM?

longevity for the overall system, is the main purpose, like my current setup was overkill 6 years ago when I built it. So if the next system takes me another 6 years it will be worth the little bit extra now. The ram and storage is a non issue, I will go with 32gb as long as I can add another 32 later, or I will just go with 64 now, storage is storage, it will be upgraded at least 2 times in the life span of the rig.

Back