Antec SLK3000-B $50.00
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP1213C 120GB $80.00
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) $77.00
US ROBOTICS 2976 56Kbps $38.00
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-400 ATX12V 400W $55.00
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice $153.99
NEC Black ND-3520A $52

1. Will the mATX fit in the SLK3000?
2. Does the psu work with this mATX board?
3.Comments, questions, jokes?
thx

looks good except i don't know why you want a micro atx board and a full sized case...
it will fit.. but so will a bigger board..

everyone is going to reccomend a dfi or msi nf4 board.. i just got done reading a thread saying that that ati chipset looks promising though..

sorry to hear you are on 56k...

looks good.. i have no idea if that psu is 24 pin or not.. you need to get someone else's opinion on a psu

Two suggestions...

1. For a work system I would highly recommend a P4 - they are much faster in multitasking environments.

2. Since you are using an MATX mainboard, you could save a little money buy getting the Antec SLK1650b mini-tower that comes with the 350w Smartpower PSU. It's a great case that I used on a budget rig I built for my g/f's parents. Smaller and no door to mess with, is still quiet and uses a 12cm exhaust.

scottatwittenberg said:
i have no idea if that psu is 24 pin or not.. you need to get someone else's opinion on a psu

The Smartpower 2.0 is an ATX12V2.0 unit, so yes it does have a 24-pin connector - however for his particular system it's unnecessary.

r u sure about the p4? on tom's hardware charts, the a64 3000+ beats the p4 520, which is about the same price, consistantly.

hmm... said:
r u sure about the p4? on tom's hardware charts, the a64 3000+ beats the p4 520, which is about the same price, consistantly.

Yes, in single threaded synthetic benchmarks for that emulate games and business content creation... that's not realistic for your purpose.

The thing they don't show you is how the AMD falls severely behind were you to run two or three instances of those benchmarks on top of eachother.

I don't know about you or what you do, but I know on my machines at work I typically have several applications running at the same time - Outlook, Acrobat, Word, Access DBs, and several IE windows. Hyperthreading gives the P4 a distinct advantage in this arena - not just on paper - there is a noticeable difference. The P4 feels much "smoother" in multitasking situations.

The work-place is what keeps the Intels alive imo..If you multitask its for you.

i have a sealed p4 3.6ghz for sale, i might have a trade going, not sure yet, pm me if interested

either way

buy an intel for a pure work computer..

The only thing I have to say is sucks your still on 56gay. lol

I had 56gay not to long ago thank god I got 3.5 meg cable before I got this sweet comp built.

Back