New Wii Channel!

FoolOnTheHill

Limp Gawd
Yay! Blue light!

Nintendo just pushed the update for the "Everybody Votes" channel. Hopefully this will be a good way to leave feedback.

Downloading now. :D

So what exactly does the update do anyways, not sure if I want to download it...

It's interesting, but out of all the channels that could have been released, why a voting channel?

So what exactly does the update do anyways, not sure if I want to download it...
I don't believe Nintendo released the changelogs. It really shouldn't cause any damage though.

I just got it running, it's kinda a fun channel where you vote on random topics, and you can also guess what everyone else will think.

I'm not sure what else the update does, but it preps the system for the new channel. Hopefully Ninty uses this for Wii-related polls. But hey, this is still a fun surprise, and something "free" so why not?

You have to download it from the Wii Shop Channel, just like you have to do for the Internet Channel.

yea.. just got the message.. interesting..

i'm gonna update sometime during the weekend though.. i'm too busy right now..

I downloaded it. Completely random, but its lots of fun.

Hopefully they'll continue to come out with new channels like this.

Some people are saying the update caused mod chips to fry. If true, Nintendo is sneaky :D

I downloaded it, voted, and even submitted my own question. First I was like sweet, then I thought it sucked but I realize it can be put to good use. Nintendo could submit their own questions for feedback as well as our own. A great way to get personal with your user base and hear what they have to say.

I downloaded it, voted, and even submitted my own question. First I was like sweet, then I thought it sucked but I realize it can be put to good use. Nintendo could submit their own questions for feedback as well as our own. A great way to get personal with your user base and hear what they have to say.

Yeah, I'm hoping Nintendo uses it for feedback, which could be great for both them and their users. My ideal would be to have a voting system for VC releases, which is probably very unlikely, but hey, a guy can dream, right? :p

I'd like to see them post some questions about vc pricing and availability, but something tells me they won't do that.

VC availability was brought up on another forum. While it would be nice to have everything at once, I kinda like the "What will we get today?" aspect.

do you guys have problem downloading updates sometimes?

I have 24connect whatever but if I do a manual update is often just get stuck at 10% or so...

I left it on that download window all night and it was still at 10% this morning :(
Gonna have to try that update again tonight

Sorry for going off topic, but in all of the pictures of the Wii home page that I have see the Channels and VC games are not arranged very well. Is there no way to rearrange them yourself?

Vorret- I have never had any issues with updates. I just hate the fact it asks to connect to the internet first but thats me.

Sorry for going off topic, but in all of the pictures of the Wii home page that I have see the Channels and VC games are not arranged very well. Is there no way to rearrange them yourself?

Yes! Just point to the channel and select A+B(trigger) to grab the channel and then move it to wherever you want. You can move them all except the Disc Channel.

Yes! Just point to the channel and select A+B(trigger) to grab the channel and then move it to wherever you want. You can move them all except the Disc Channel.

QFT.... very easy for those who are neat freaks

Yeah its easy to arrange the channels, but I cannot figure out how to arrange my address book... I swear I remember reading in the manual about using A + B to drag entries, but it won't work for me. Has anyone figured that out yet??

So does anyone else think this new channel was added just so that Nintendo can get a better idea of how many people own a wii and where in the world they are? It wasn't announced and just randomly showed up as a download, besides the fact that it's relatively limited in functionality and purpose.

I tried it out though. It seems like it'll be fun to see how your opinions compare to other people, but I can't see myself, or many people for that matter, spending a lot of time on it.

Nah, its it more of a feedback type thing for Nintendo. Gives them the chance to see what type of people are using the Wii, so on and so forth. Kinda cool I think, I am going to throw up some voting on games, see what happens.

Back