New Westy 24 has some good stats

The only good stat I see is the response time. 700:1 contrast ratio is lacking, as well as the 160 degree verticle viewing angle. Those are definately TN stats.

The only good stat I see is the response time. 700:1 contrast ratio is lacking, as well as the 160 degree verticle viewing angle. Those are definately TN stats.
I'm inclined to agree. If this really does have a TN panel, then I think the price is too high compared to the other models already out. For $30 more, you could get the Gateway, and for $50 more you could get the LG. Now, if this model were in the $500 range, I could see people opting for this over the more expensive models, but at the current price I'd have a hard time choosing this model.

Finally... 24" TN panel appeared. I predict a rapid introduction of new models from all major brands and a rapid decline in price over the next 3 months. Looking at what TN did to the 20"W, I think 24" TN will be down to the $400s by Q3...

$150 - 17" 19"
$200s - 20" 22"
$300s - Quality 22"
$400 ~ $500 - 24"
$600 ~ $700 - 26" 27"
$1000 30"

I'll be picking up the cheapest Acer/BenQ 24" TN for work where all I care is having the largest resolution through VGA. That is if I can justify spending twice as much as the cheapest 20"

Poor viewing angles and other problems (that forum members explained in detail) leads me to believe a 24" TN panel is a big mistake. it just a bigger surface to see the flaws of TN.

If you look at the specs at Westinghouse website , the got two different specifications for the L2410NM, next to the picture of monitor they have it as 1920x1200-170/160 viewing angles. But underneath the specs are listed as 1920x1200-1000:1 contrast ratio-176/176 veiwing angles- 8ms reponse time (wondering which one is correct)
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=105

Poor viewing angles and other problems (that forum members explained in detail) leads me to believe a 24" TN panel is a big mistake. it just a bigger surface to see the flaws of TN.

If you look at the specs at Westinghouse website , the got two different specifications for the L2410NM, next to the picture of monitor they have it as 1920x1200-170/160 viewing angles. But underneath the specs are listed as 1920x1200-1000:1 contrast ratio-176/176 veiwing angles- 8ms reponse time (wondering which one is correct)
http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=105

Both ? As allot of the more mainstream brands save money by using different panels in thier models.It can vary month to month,as bulk pricing changes every few weeks.I too
believe that TN in a 24" is a mistake,but people will find this out the hardway I guess ? It currently states that this model uses a MVA type panel.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot cattle prod. For just a little more $$$ you can get one of the many other non-TN 24" panels out there.

Back