• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New WC Setup: Need Advice for Noob

Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
3
Hey everyone. I just decided to jump into the watercooling scene so I'm a noob going about this. I've read a lot of posts and just wanted to run the parts list by everyone to see if I'm missing anything. So here goes. This is all going into/with a LL V1200B Plus case.

Pump/CPU Block: D5/TDX Combo

GPU Block: Maze4

Radiator: Black Ice pro II w/ Yate Loon or Panflo M1A fans

Reservoir or T-Line: ? on this one. I'm only going to be using one bay for my DVD burner. So I have the extra space for the reservoir. Which would be better to go w/? the T-line or Reservoir.

Tubing: 10 ft of Tygon 3603 1/2" ID 3/4"OD
Plastic Clamps
MCT-5 Non-conductive Solution

I think that looks about right. Let me know if I'm missing anything and any advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has the same case. I'd like a few ideas on how you put it all together in the case. Thanks in advance!
 
I would go with 2 fill ports 1 located at the top of your box for filling and one At lower part of the case for draining and bleeding the air out. Now if you do this just right you should beable to fill the system fast using the Drain /Bleed port to bleed the air out as your filling so that the other components in the loop fill before the liquid gets to the drain ports.. Very nice Case I love those. With this case I might consider using 2 x120 rads 1 at the front intake and 1 at the rear exhaust with the rear rad recieving the warmed water first than to the front rad.

Thats what I would do!
 
Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of having two radiators, one at the intake and one at the exhaust so I could have everything internally. So how exactly would I setup the loop(order of things)? I'd have two T-Lines right?
 
Yes 2 T lines Go pump to the cpu to the gpu to the rear rad to the front rad.back to the pump.

The tub that goes from the rear rad to the front run at the top inside case in that line install the first T That will be your fill port be careful when you drill the hole in the top of case so as not to rip it. good sharp bit. A hole saw works the best. install the drain T between the pump and cpu. I also use a shut off valve between the T and the drain port but you don't have to.It just makes things easier.

install the fluid with the bleed tube open but be ready to close it when fluid gets to it.

Now most of the air will be out of your system but not all. Time and patients ok.

What GPU are you using?
 
Back
Top